2002 C-Class Sports Coupe 180K Comand Navigation

jsexton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class Sports Coupe/2002/180K
Dear all,

I have owned a 2002 C-Class Sports Coupe 180K (W203) for just over a month and it is a lovely car. However, it did not come with the Comand Navigation system pre-installed. I realise there are many versions of this system, so would appreciate the exact part number so I can begin my search. I assume I would be able to update the maps on the system by purchasing the latest maps?

Is there also an adapter available to allow connection of the latest command navigation model to the car and if so, would it fit in the same space?

Many thanks for your help,

James

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You may need to think twice about fitting the outdated original comand, there are some after market double din units that work better

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Why not speak to alfie at comand online and they'll give you advice about the bits you need

OP
J

jsexton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks all, I will contact alfie. Would he be able to recommend after market products also?

OP
J

jsexton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Thanks all, I will contact alfie. Would he be able to recommend after market products also?

Yes as he's an honest guy. He wont just push a Comand unit onto you although it is his business.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Television, you stated about after market units. Can you recommend any? I found this, but unsure if the connections will be compatible. Any chance you can have a quick look?

http://www.mimientertainment.co.uk/...Mercedes-C-Class-CLK-Viano-E-Class-ML-G-Class

Thanks

It is too hard for me to recommend all the aftermarket as we do not get enough feedback, your car will have nothing in the way of any wiring or antenna for sat nav, you may also need a new fascia to house a double din unit

Top Bottom