2002 C200K Estate - Misfire under load - jerky gearbox

alastair1989

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 C200 Kompressor Estate
Hi All,

I bought my first Mercedes two weeks ago - a 2002 C200 Kompressor Estate. As I bought it from a garage, I've got a 3 month warranty.

Sadly, it's already gone wrong after a week of driving. If I use more than 50% of the throttle, the car starts misfiring and then won't stop misfiring until I have pulled over and restarted the car. I should also add that this has thrown up the engine management light.

The second issue that I have, is that the gearbox hesitates on kick down and gets confused with itself. It also jolts at low speeds, when I am following traffic round a roundabout for example. Quite disconcerting.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem/s could be? :confused:

Thank you,

A

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Good thing you have a warranty buddy . Get it back to the garage asap

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yip needs a star session, guessing the issues are not related though...misfiring could be simply a fuel filter, the gearbox though might be ECU related, but it needs diagnostic and fixing in warranty...

OP
A

alastair1989

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 C200 Kompressor Estate
Tell me about it... I thought it would be a sound investment, given that I have all the service invoices since the car was new, and it's only done 90k miles.

On the last service invoice in September, it shows the electric pack on the gearbox as "failing", so I'm guessing that's the gearbox issue.

I've got the car booked to go back to the garage on Tuesday :)

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
An engine fault can cause the gearbox to mis-shift. Get the fault codes and post them up here. Some good indies on the south coast so visit one of them.

Top Bottom