2002 clk 230k w208 ESP BAS light on.

shaz

Reaction score
hello people, hope your all well.

I've got bas/esp light on my clk 230 I have replaced speed sensor in the boot but no luck any advice where else I should look.

Regards
Shaz

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Needs to go on star diags too many components on the ESP to guess.

jib

OP
S

shaz

Reaction score
Needs to go on star diags too many components on the ESP to guess.

jib

had it on star last week no fault showed but the esp light went out on the way to him, however it showed ignition not communicating however ignition is doing its job. still changed the sensors as the light was intermittent.

Cheers

Howard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 500 / A 190
Brake light switch would be my first port of call , £12

OP
S

shaz

Reaction score
Brake light switch would be my first port of call , £12

Brake light switch replaced with no luck, going on star tonight to see what wrong with system.

Howard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 500 / A 190
Did you do the lock to lock and back again twice once you had fitted it ?

muffd

Reaction score
Try turning the steering lock to lock / full left then full right

OP
S

shaz

Reaction score
Did you do the lock to lock and back again twice once you had fitted it ?

NOPE didn't do that,didn't knew had to do that. can I still do it?

BachelorDays

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 w210 E240 91k (Nov13)
had it on star last week no fault showed but the esp light went out on the way to him, however it showed ignition not communicating however ignition is doing its job. still changed the sensors as the light was intermittent.

Cheers

What sensors did you change? Did STAR not give you any Current/ Pending faults at all?

bas/esp would probably register an error if any of its associated components wasn't working. By the components I mean the ESP Control module in the ECU box, the connector on the ABS unit and the bas module by the master brake cylinder. You could check all these for any loose connections/ corrosion.

But then, you say the bas/esp light goes out whilst driving! Couldn't be a loose ESP switch on the gear selector, could it?

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
Have you had any work done on the car recently which could have caused the new problems?

DavePrentice

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230K 2002
BAS/ESP on

Had same problem with mine a few months ago. Turned out to be a faulty steering sensor. MB wanted to replace ECU (wrong!) and charge me £1440. My indie tracked it down to a sensor & cost me £90.

OP
S

shaz

Reaction score
Have you had any work done on the car recently which could have caused the new problems?

No I haven't done any work when I got the car the front brake discs were bumpy when you braked the paddle use to move up and down so I thought it was because of that but no it wasn't because of that.

OP
S

shaz

Reaction score
I'll have to put it on star again while the light is on and see what it comes up with.

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Shaz open the ECU box, top right corner of the engine bay, there is a silver ECU at the back pull the connectors off and check for oil in the connectors.

Also disconnect the battery first!! Only reason I mention this is because I have the same car with this fault with me at the moment.

jib

OP
S

shaz

Reaction score
Shaz open the ECU box, top right corner of the engine bay, there is a silver ECU at the back pull the connectors off and check for oil in the connectors.

Also disconnect the battery first!! Only reason I mention this is because I have the same car with this fault with me at the moment.

jib

Okay I'll give it a go and report back.
Thanx

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom