2003 C180K Surging when idling.

Juanlap

Reaction score
Hi All

Hope you can help me as I've trawled through many forums and googled much but cannot find a problem the same as one I'm looking at. Similar perhaps but not the same.

I've been looking at getting a C180K and a 2003 one has come up at work for sale. Its got 120k miles with a full service history but it has a bit of a problem at tickover.

When warm at tickover it surges up by about 1000 revs and then comes down again. It continues to do this constantly. There is no judder, no misfire, no stalling etc, it drives fine and it's not erratic. It just continues surging. Am I looking at a £100's part replacement or ecu software upgrade end of the scale or am I up at the £1000's end of the scale after reading scary stories about head replacements due to valves etc?

Any ideas would be gratefully received so as I can decide whether shes a beauty or a beast.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Theres a air pipe that spilts under the air cleaner, less than a tenner!!!

Pig to get the block side clip on but easy fix

Welcome to the forums!!

OP
J

Juanlap

Reaction score
Wow now there's a quick reply - and with good news by the sound of it too.

Many thanks SAM/UNIT.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Its all good untill you try to refitt the clip to the block, then your say a few choice words, just stick with it!!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom