2003 E270cdi Vibration on steering and pedals

AndreasM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi 2003 Avantgarde
Hi all

First time on so dunno even if this is gonna get through.

I recently bought a E270cdi 2003 model, and since buying it i am feeling a vibration mainly throught the brake pedal. At first i thought it may be the ABS as whenever i depressed the brake i saw the ABS vibrating violently, or should i say more than it should.

I then came across a Mercedes Mechanic at work who told me he was 100% sure it was the SBC pump attached to the ABS. He also told me that although there was not a recall, MB would change this pump for free as it had a lifetime guarantee. So with this info i took it along to MB booked it in and they put it on the diagnostics to find no fault.

Still the problem persists.

I then found this site and i start reading about glycol mixes etc.

Now i am really confused.

Can any kind person offer any advise? PLeeeease

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, yes your car has SBC this is a system with a pump to operate the bakes. If you can feel a slight vibration when pushing the pedal, then there is a little mod that can be done where a hose is fitted to stop the vibration from coming into the car.

This must not be confused with when braking and you feel a vibration from the from a disc that may be out of true.

It would be more normal to feel the vibration with warped disc, rather than through the pedal

Just start the car in P and apply the brakes and see if you can feel anything

OP
A

AndreasM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi 2003 Avantgarde
Thanks for the prompt response

I cannot feel the vibration when braking, on the contrary it will stop on braking.

When i do what you say the vibration is there but only on releasing the brake. If i however pump it slightly the whole ABS pump shudders/vibrates and it is then intermitten.

I have also just changed the front discs and pads

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Is your caliper/s on tight and true and did this vibration? start or change in any way after new Discs/Pads

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Then have the update,, it is on a MB paper
AF42.46-P-1101A

They used to do this free, but I do not know if they will these days

OP
A

AndreasM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi 2003 Avantgarde
Thanks guys

Ok thats helpfull info

will see how we go with that.

This is an excellent site by the way well done all involved

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom