2003 E320 Cdi estate.

dave9val

Reaction score
After reading a lot of the messages on this forum, and of the valeo problem it has put doubt into my mind about buying this car. The last straw came yesterday when I read the report by honest John. I think it would be wise to forfeit my deposit and cut any future expenditure, as I am worried about the outcome. Alright! the car is having the 12 months approved warranty, but knowing my luck it will go wrong after this runs out. Honest john reports that MB may not even pay out on a 2003 car, and it they don`t, what then.

I would like to thank everyone for their input into some of the questions I have asked.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would not be put off by this,,you can have a rad of your choice fitted at any time. have you asked them about what make of rad is on the car

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Buy it!!!

Look, if you didn't buy a car (of any brand) because of issues raised on forums you probably wouldn't buy any car!!!! Forums, by their nature raise, er, issues more often than not. I'm not saying to underestimate the issue but have you actually had this car checked out? Does it have a Valeo rad', has it already been done, will they (as your earlier post asked) "just do it" anyway, will they explain what the warranty covers, etc. Don't miss up on a great car because SOME cars have/had a problem that is well known, documented and 'fixable'.

You may move onto another car/brand and end up with same/similar issues anyway......

BTW - don't come running to me if it's a pig in a poke :rolleyes:

LSD

Reaction score
I would not be put off by this,,you can have a rad of your choice fitted at any time. have you asked them about what make of rad is on the car

Yes - and if it is Valeo, try asking for some discount towards a replacement?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom