2003 ml55 amg

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
Hi all - some one is selling some side steps - stainless steel tube style with mounting brackets that he had on his ml27cdi 2003 model - just wondering if they will fit on my 55 AMG - getting them like a bargain price of R2000 - new from MB agents R13000 - still in very good condition but dont know if they will fit? Thanx in advance

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can print off the fitting instructions

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
They probably will.

But I hope they don't.........;)
Thanx for honesty kristoff but I really need to get these steps if nothing else - as age is catching up with my parents and they are used to slipping into their 1986 230E this ML is a schlep to get into and come to think of it I'm enjoying the power so much hopefully in another 30 odd years I can still be driving this machine I dont want to be crawling in without steps - Television is there anyway to email me the mounting instructions?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanx for honesty kristoff but I really need to get these steps if nothing else - as age is catching up with my parents and they are used to slipping into their 1986 230E this ML is a schlep to get into and come to think of it I'm enjoying the power so much hopefully in another 30 odd years I can still be driving this machine I dont want to be crawling in without steps - Television is there anyway to email me the mounting instructions?

With an E mail address yes and you can pm this to me with the first 6 numbers of your vin

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
Thanx will do in the morning - here in SA it 11:19pm - time to catch some zzzzzz's

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone experienced this : If I engage kickdown on the 55 and run the engine into high revs (like how a 55 should be raced) I get a smell coming out the airvents that smell like battery acid! - Then I drive decently (like and old ballie) then there is no smell - Any idea's? Television I got the steps but still waiting for mounting instructions please - Thanx.....

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
I take it everyone is on xmas holidays or no one experienced the above;)

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
Hi television - I tried to pm you but somehow doesn't seem to work - I tried the other day and just now - same problem

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It worked and I have sent it,,I cannot work out the smell,,it does point to a leak in the air intake.

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
Ok understandable a leak but why smell like battery acid - because the battery is only 3 months old - replaced by previous owner through his AA insurance and never had a problem starting the vehicle or something electronic not working so I take it the battery is not leaking acid - Thankx for email with mounting instructions but looks nothing like those steps - apparently they have engraving on them - original MB side steps made in Italy - Sorry they are more like 70/72mm stainless steel tubes

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I cannot seem to find any others

OP
C

chickaboo

Reaction score
No problem buddy got them on today - had to modify them a bit as they came off a ML270 and the suspensions are definately different! Still have to make one more mounting hoe for each bracket - will post some pics tomorrow - Thanx for your effort though! Much appreciated

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom