2003 W211 Estate Alarm Issues...

vinny_McLaughlin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E320 CDi Estate 2003
Hello!

I have a 2003 E320 Estate, and the anti-theft alarm is driving me mad! It sounds for no discernible reason, and at odd times.

Yesterday, I returned to the car to find the lights flashing, and the battery too dead to start the engine.

I have checked all the switches (boot, doors) to make sure they are opening and closing correctly, and have tried leaving it the interior sensors disable (the two buttons just forward of the rearview mirror).

Is there a way to completely disable the alarm? From what I've read, there is no fuse specifically for the alarm itself, so where is the unit itself located, and can i simply remove a plug(s) from it to stop it working - without buggering up the Central Locking / Immobiliser etc??

Thanks in advance!

Vince.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This could be that the siren has expired, you could unplug it to see if it fixes it

OP
V

vinny_McLaughlin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E320 CDi Estate 2003
This could be that the siren has expired, you could unplug it to see if it fixes it

Thanks Television.

As per my original question though - where are the main components of the alarm located? The main unit, Siren, etc etc... I've had a look round the engine bay, under the back seats, in the boot - can't seem to find anything that obviously sticks out....

V.

AlastairD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 S211 E270 CDi Elegance 100k+
It's behind the arch liner on the drivers side. You need to take the wheel off and then strip the rear arch liner out, it'll be a dusty job this time of year!

I think a replacement was £90 so probably worth getting a new one if you're going in there, suprisingly Mercedes have these on the shelf!. They have a rechargeable battery in them so failure is just a matter of time.

You'll need a torx bit with the hole in the middle to get the old one off the bracket.

Last edited:

Anon E Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E55K
A sharp whack with a drift and hammer can break the security pin in the Torx bolt and a regular Torx socket can be used. The unit is just a round plastic box with a multi-plug held in a metal bracket. The new unit goes back into the metal bracket.

peejaydee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 E240
My 2003 W211 (E240) had a similar problem for a long time. The car couldn't be left longer than a few days, especially in the colder winter months.
After much swearing, the alarm siren was disconnected and the problem has never arisen again.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom