2003 W211 service manual

zargar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240/2004
Hi every one,

I am buying a 2003 W211 (E 240) Sedan from an auction.
It has been a police car and now they are selling it to private owners.
They told me that it has the police dash installed but they are providing the elegant front dash and 4 sets of tires and AMG alloys with the car.
The car has around 190,000 Km,s on it.
I am looking for the service manual of this vehicle and would like to know any issues you experts know of.

Thanks.
Zargar

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
You need MB's WIS (Workshop Information System). Many countries have an official MB club that provides a membership card from Stuttgart which gives access to WIS, which is a Java app giving access to a full workshop manual split by car system and specific to your VIN.

Canada is one of these countries, it seems: http://tinyurl.com/blp9u3q

Looks like CAD60/year, pretty much the same as the UK Club. Well worth it IMO if you're doing your own work.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zargar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240/2004
:)

Thanks so much for the reply.
I will look into it. I also appreciate if you could let me know of any known or common issues for the W211 I should be aware of.

Also need a sun roof assembly for it. Can't find it on ebay.

Thanks again,
Zargar

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
Issues for an '04: rust on the rear arches (fronts are aluminium), glycol in the auto box due to Valeo radiator leak. If you have slats rather than mesh over the centre speaker on the dash, I believe that indicates somewhat less reliable robot-built wiring looms, but I don't know what the expected failures might be. Folding mirrors seem to be a wiring-related issue, though.

In general, they're good solid cars though.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom