2004 E270Cdi light switch illumination

R

Runningfrog

I have just purchased a 2004 E270 Cdi and noticed there is no illumination on the dasboard around the light switch.
Having contacted the dealer for them to replace the bulb, they inform me this does not illiminate.
I can't beleive this is the case as everything else is lit up like an xmas tree.
Can anybody advise if this is the case.
There is a panel at the end of the dasboard on the right hand side. I was wondering if this comes off to gain access to behind the light switch so I can check for myself.
I would appreciate feedback from other E class owners.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The switch does not illuminate, it cannot really as there is no where to put it,,you soon get used to knowing where it is

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Your dealer is correct. Mine doesn't light up, nor did my last car.

The panel does come off, but only to reveal a fusebox.

TBH is doesn't bother me as it is always switched to 'Auto'

Welocme to the forums.

OP
R

Runningfrog

Many thanks for the replies, thought I had a bulb out.
:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom