2004 w211 faulty panoramic sunroof possibly motor stripped , how can I close it

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I have removed centre light unit to reveal the motor when you push which it just spins , the The centre screw that should close sunroof has been stripped but I got it to turn but it never moved it you could have turned it all day. , if the took the motor out would I be able to pull cable to close the sunroof completely. , I have tried all the tips ( putting washer on at the bushing etc but made no difference ) would be great if someone knew how to close it.
Thanks.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I have removed centre light unit to reveal the motor when you push which it just spins , the The centre screw that should close sunroof has been stripped but I got it to turn but it never moved it you could have turned it all day. , if the took the motor out would I be able to pull cable to close the sunroof completely. , I have tried all the tips ( putting washer on at the bushing etc but made no difference ) would be great if someone knew how to close it.
Thanks.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom