Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270/2003/2.7
Hi
First post i think on here.
I have a question, maybe a simple one.
Car - C270CDI auto saloon, 53plate
New manifold fitted in March.
Intermediate / Oil change Service done in June.
The car is still running rough, now takes a few seconds to start after cranking it, whereas before it was instantaneous.

This morning sitting in traffic, warm-ish weather, noticed the smell of oil burning, noticed temp is hitting about 95degrees or so at idle/standstill, pulled over, popped to bonnet, seemed like a small oil stain on the engine cover near the front, just where the long windy belt is, and then noticed the wisps of smoke.

Smoke is obvious where the oil is burning. But the question is 95degrees seems high for an idle speed temp - does anyone know what it typically should be? I seem to vaguely remeber that its always around the 80 mark or so, but i cant be sure. Its never been that high.

Does this indicate i should take it back to the servicing dealer?

The fans were off, the aircon was off, all was normal ... except these wisps of smoke now appearing from the front of the bonnet and the whiff of burning oil smell.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Sitting in traffic I would expect sub 80deg. The engine has to be worked to get up to temp.

Defo take it back!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It looks like an fuel or oil leak, and that should not be there, 95 is wrong, the thermostat may have stuck

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
So 95 is to high in diesel? My petrol 3.2 runs 98 in traffic and just over 80 on run. I thought it is too hot so I spoke with 3 different dealers to see what they say and 3 answers confirmed that this temp is spot on. Diesel might be different...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom