2005 C220 remove boot liner ?

Mike0779

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi auto saloon 2005
My first MB and my first post.

I am struggling.

I have a dent removal guy coming and I need to strip the liner from behind the boot lid. I have all the push/pull fixings out, bolts out, plastic lock cover off, released it from the hinge arms and it still wont come out. I can't see how to get out the locking plate for the warning triangle and it seems to be caught by the two hand grips behind the number plate.

Any guidance gratefully received.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mike0779

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well, the locking plate for the warning triangle - you raise a little square of plastic in the middle and push it from right to left and it comes out. then I removed the one push/pull fixing that I had missed and the liner came out.

Now, how to get the high level brake light out ?

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
If it's fixed in the same way as the Estate version, it is removed externally.
That is, it springs out from the outside of the panel. My estate had several led's go inop, and I had to replace the high level light complete, so I learned the hard way.

I taped around the light to protect the paint, then used an ice scraper to start the process.

Don't take my suggestion as gospel - I'm only relating how the Estate light was fixed.

OP
M

Mike0779

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I found a video which explained the removal of the light. Undo four screws on the back of it then ease it out from the outside.

Ready for the dent man now :)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom