2005 C220D Continuous High Pitched Sound

Merlin451

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Estate/04/2.1CDi
Last night at 4 am we were awoken by a very pitched sound from the car. I unlocked/relocked the car using the fob but noise continued. Some neighbours came out thinking the noise may be a house alarm or fire alarm. I drove the car around the block and all was normal except the high pitched noise continued.
I removed the battery earth lead and quiet was restored.
Any thoughts please....

Is it the intruder alarm or something else. There was no flashing indicators, and as I've never heard the alarm go off I'm not sure what it might be.

Merlin451:confused:http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/images/smilies/confused.gif

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
could be the siren giving up the ghost, worth unplugging the siren and testing for silence :)

OP
M

Merlin451

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Estate/04/2.1CDi
Possible Siren Giving Up

I have just reconnected the battery and everything is working fine with no siren.
Could you help me find the siren?

Merlin451

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
A friend of mine had that same thing recently.

Found a cat mangled in the fan belt. :(
And still alive.

OP
M

Merlin451

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Estate/04/2.1CDi
Alarm Siren Sounding for No Reason W203

I have now replaced the siren and everything is back to normal.
The unit is plug and play as suggested on the forum, except that the siren now bleeps 3 times when setting the alarm and once when unsetting.
The new siren A2198203226 and a self locking nut cost me £102.12 from MB in Beaconsfield.
I struggled with the tamper proof torx screws holding the siren and the bracket, but got there eventually. If I remember correctly the tamperproof torx screw holding the siren to the bracket was a size 40 and the 2 screws holding the bracket to the car were size 30.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom