2005 E class estate load cover

Lelito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e200 estate 1999
Just bought my E350 estate and when I attach the load cover then open the tailgate the cover does not raise up. One side seems to operate OK but the other side (righthand side) just jumps out plus the motor is making a rather loud noise....any ideas suggestions welcome.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, sorry I don’t have the estate but are you saying it’s in the track etc...

OP
L

Lelito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e200 estate 1999
Yeah with the tailgate open you pull out the load cover and locate it in the track either side. Then close the tailgate then reopnen it. The tailgate raises and the opersting system starts to raise the load cover in the tracks but the righthand side for whatever reason becomes disconnected and the motor opersting the raising mechanism is wuite noisy.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I have the S212 and as you say the load cover should be picked up and raised.

I may be worthwhile trying a bit of silicone spray in the tracks in case it’s sticking.

Failing that it may be the mechanism which could be damaged, mind you my technical knowledge is non existent.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As above, and I would check the track to make sure there is no obstruction, sounds like the motor is struggling to clear something

OP
L

Lelito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e200 estate 1999
I have the S212 and as you say the load cover should be picked up and raised.

I may be worthwhile trying a bit of silicone spray in the tracks in case it’s sticking.

Failing that it may be the mechanism which could be damaged, mind you my technical knowledge is non existent.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try.

OP
L

Lelito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e200 estate 1999
Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom