2006 A Class central locking problem

Maggieb

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 2005 A180cdi
central locking nightmare A180cdi 2005

Hi Malcolm,

I recently purchased my Merc 2005 A180cdi and within a few days the central locking was sticking on the front passenger door lock bouncing / sticking - and needed several presses of the key to close. Then the rear doors began the same - sometimes closing sometimes not - and now the drivers rear passenger door does not lock at all - even when you close from inside by pushing the lock down manually.

Please can you advise any fixes .

many thanks
bekkouchemaggie@hotmail.com

asktrigg

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w169
Hi Malcolm,

Can you send me the details please I have the same problem on W169 A150.

Thanks in Advance

email apap975(at)gmail.com

s.malik

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a class
Mercedes a class 2006 a160 2.0 cdi

Hi.

I'm wondering if someone can help... I've intermittently been having similar problems to others on here. The back door lock started to fire and shutter and move up and down intermittently however now it does it all the time and to add to it it doesn't lock at all no matter what I try. Is there an easy way to fix this?

My friend has the a180 and on his lock if you manually push it down when closing the door that door will remain locked, anyway to fix that also?

Many thanks

Dutters

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viano, cdi 2.0 WDF 639 2004
Hi Malcom,
Not sure if your fix will help me, I've got a Viano 04 WDF639 and for the past few days the central locking keeps "locking" ie it locks when I pull away and does that ok but then it keeps on locking as I drive along. I've checked that all the doors are properly locked and cleaned the contacts but it still keeps on locking. Do you think your fix is for me?
Regards
Dutters

dutters(at)outlook.com

Mans kanji

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 2005
A class 2005 locks jumping

Hi I have a 2005 a class, recently the locks dont work but jump instead, im hoping someine is able to send me a fix for the problem.

thanks

RG7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150
Hi Malcolm
I have the bouncing lock problem A150 2005 can you please send me the fixing details, have got replacement springs

Thank you
ngbuk@aol.com

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Bouncing door lock solution is posted in our DIY section.

MrBlu

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A170 Avantgarde 2005 Petrol
A170 2005 Avantgarde Petrol model - Door lock stuttering

I have the same door lock problem on the driver side for my A170 2 Door Petrol model which i have recently purchased.

To put it short: Driver side lock stuttering and not locking. Also internal door handle hanging loose from couple of days so i have to open the door from outside by retracting the driver window.

can you please send me the intructions for the fix as well the tools that are required for the job at v.manthena@yahoo.com

Many thanks in advance

yeh yeh

Reaction score
Hi to all the people with the above problem, here is a quick fixe, remember, it's not permerment, but It'll help until you have time to fixe it properly,witch Malcolm is sending you all the info, all you need is a cable tie depending on you locking button and the housing, but make sure is fairly tight fit,push the cable tie all the way down and it should lock/unlock with no trouble,( when I said push the cable tie all the way down, I mean push it down with the locking head rest at the very bottom) try it, if it works is fine, if it does not,just pull it back out again, no damage done, hope this help some of you.

sr2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 1998
Hi

I have the dreaded bouncing lock issue. I ordered the springs and took the door apart only to discover the spring is fine. Any ideas what else could be causing this? Some people have mentioned that the rubber may be causing it, but even before I put the door panel on I experience the bounce. It seems to be something to do with the actuator itself. If I apply a small amount of resistance to the lock it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciate as well as any guides which may help.

Thanks

DIYMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi/53 plate/2.7l 5cyl.
Hi

I have the dreaded bouncing lock issue. I ordered the springs and took the door apart only to discover the spring is fine. Any ideas what else could be causing this? Some people have mentioned that the rubber may be causing it, but even before I put the door panel on I experience the bounce. It seems to be something to do with the actuator itself. If I apply a small amount of resistance to the lock it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciate as well as any guides which may help.

Thanks

I would change the spring anyway as it may be weak causing your problems.

sr2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 1998
Thanks for your message. I did that but still did not work. Maybe the actuator is gone? It works fine when it is taken apart, put it back together and it starts bouncing!

So annoying.

Cheers

Kerrycasey

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A200 2006
Cahttering Rear Locks

Hi Malcolm

I have the same issue with my 2006 A200 on the rear doors, could you please send me the details of the fix. My email is Kerry-casey@o2.co.uk

Many Thanks

**title was meant to read chattering

Last edited:

Davita22

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
Cahttering Rear Locks

Hello Malcolm,

I bought W169 2006 model and passenger side back door do not closed properly from key, it has jumped up and down, only manual lock is possible.

I read this forum and i find that you can help me for this problem, can you send me about this solution any instruction?

My Email Dachumburidze@gmail.com

Thanks.

Kc79

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 CDI 2005
Door locking

Hi I am also having major issues with the locking system on a a160 2005 model, back passenger side :(
Could you email me the fix please
karisw@hotmail.co.uk

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom