2006 A Class central locking problem

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am sorry that information cannot be sent out to members that have just joined for the information, I will send it out to members of some standing and some post points.

RHYMES N U N ME

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES-BENZ A 2005-2008 Diesel 2.0L Manual 5 doors 180 CLASSIC SE CDI
It's great to be a new member of the Mercedes world and I am having the same problem with the front passenger door as the lock won't go fully down when key remote used or even the button in the car. I can push the driver door button down but not the front passenger button down.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's great to be a new member of the Mercedes world and I am having the same problem with the front passenger door as the lock won't go fully down when key remote used or even the button in the car. I can push the driver door button down but not the front passenger button down.

You can get the spring kit from Ebay and they do come with fitting instructions. there are also more details some way back in this thread.

Mickyp64

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A200 Turbo/2006
I’ve had this problem for a while now - both this winter and the last; I thought it was just the rear door locks bouncing due to the cold weather and already knew about this door lock issue, both rear doors do lock so I regarded it more as an annoyance that comes with the cold conditions, however I’ve just found that the driver’s door doesn’t lock at all…and I’m not sure how long that has been the case!

So for the time being my car is parked 24/7 on a South London street and is 25% unlocked!...There’s some consolation that it has an alarm and an immobiliser but it’s not an ideal prospect.

So I’ve purchased a set of springs from EBay (with the fitting tool) and plan to have a go at fitting them a soon as I get the opportunity.

As events have it I’m planning to swop over all five of the doors on my car one by one (with the later seam seal type from a 2011 front end wreck) as they all have the well-known seam sealer/rust issue. So I plan to fix the door locks at the same time. I was going to wait until the summer but it now looks like I'll have to start sooner.

Anyone know how long it should take to swop over the driver’s door on a W169?...I’m just conscious that if I run out of daylight that’ll mean leaving the car on the street without a door…not locking would be the least of my worries :D

peterzoo

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A180/2005/ 2L Diesel
I have a 2005 A180 will this fix work on this car as well, if so can you send me the fix details as please.

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
door locks

hi just to let you know we have tried and fitted several, repair kits of the internet to repair these door lock faults. you get two springs and a pair of forecps, the time involved in fitting and only last a short while, would not advise to buy.

Cyprano28

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes a150
Hi all I have a mercedes a150 2005 and all my door locks bounce up and down and do not lock I'm not sure if there is a fix for this I have taken off the drivers side door card but can't really see anything any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Have you checked your junk box

lavivar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w169 180cdi
Hi!, im Luis, from granada, spain. Nice to meet you. Im a New owner a class w169 180 cdi, with a problem in rear doors lock actuator. Im looking a lot of days for a solution, and a see that you can help me.
Doy you have any information or diy? One thousand thanks

Note. Sorry for my english

lavivar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w169 180cdi
hello, my name is Luis, from Granada, Spain. I'm a new and happy owner of a w169 180cdi bought for my wife and we're very happy. I took several days for help to solve the problem of the rear locks, which sound like a machine gun, and reading I saw that hopefully you could you help. it's possible? thank you.
Lavivar@hotmail.com

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent what I have :D

lavivar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w169 180cdi
Wow! Fantastic! A lot of information, very regards my friend, you are crack. It looks very difficult, i dont know if i can make it alone.
Thank you very much, i will tell you my adventures with this....

lavivar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w169 180cdi
Hello again. I wanted to give many thanks to Malcom, because thanks to your help I managed to fix my lock with submachine effect.
In spain you have a home!

by the way ... I'm now reading an interesting set and located on the coast of Dorset casually book. you're in there right? the black tower is called

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello again. I wanted to give many thanks to Malcom, because thanks to your help I managed to fix my lock with submachine effect.
In spain you have a home!

by the way ... I'm now reading an interesting set and located on the coast of Dorset casually book. you're in there right? the black tower is called

The black tower is not that far from me :D But I am moving away shortly.

Please that your car is all fixed.

lavivar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w169 180cdi
Yes, the car has already fixed 2 locks on the rear doors with the help of the documents you sent me. I am extremely grateful to you

yeh yeh

Reaction score
For all those who has this problem, I think the only fix is to replace the locking motor,or may be a spring is broken, not a simple job, but for any one wish to have a temporally fix, you could do what I did is to put a cable tie in between the locking button, depending on how much gap you have, making sure it's a tight fit, it should work, it work for me, and still working after over 2 years now, hope this help some one.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
For all those who has this problem, I think the only fix is to replace the locking motor,or may be a spring is broken, not a simple job, but for any one wish to have a temporally fix, you could do what I did is to put a cable tie in between the locking button, depending on how much gap you have, making sure it's a tight fit, it should work, it work for me, and still working after over 2 years now, hope this help some one.

It is always a broken spring, and your mod just takes away the bounce, it can work well as you have said, so why not, any means to damp the rod would/should work the same.

Arshad

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 150
Hi guys, this is my first time using a forum. My wife has a mercedes A class 2006 a 150. We have 2 keys with the car however since I changed the batteries in both keys. The central locking has stopped working. It's very temperamental some times it will lock the car and most times nothing happens. The car starts fine just doesnt work the central locking sometimes which means I have to leave it unlocked. I have read about resync the key however it works the first time but then startd playing up again. When my wife drives the car the car locks it self fine just not with both of the keys. Can you please help thanks

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom