2007 CLK parking sensor replacement. Do I have to spray to match bumper.

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
Probably going to remove the front bumper tomorrow and replace the faulty parking sensors. What I can't determine though... the circles you see in the bumper... are they actual ends of the sensors or a plastic cap that's part of the bumper with the sensor behind? If they are the sensor ends visible I'll have to spray to match but if they are fitting behind a cap then no need.

This follows my thread... http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/i...ostic-replacement-front-sensor-choice.167028/

OP
Droverunner

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ahh OK thanks. I have the sensors already and took the precaution of getting a paint spray made up for our colour. It's just an extra process then as I want to test them before spraying in case of any returns needed then I'll have to take them off again to paint.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Yes, they are supplied pre-painted and you paint them to match the bumper.

Just to save any confusion as the above was badly written, the new sensors are always supplied un-painted so you can paint them to match your own colour.

OP
Droverunner

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yep thanks. Mine came a generic silver and they are now the correct colour baking on a radiator for fitting tomorrow.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom