2007 R Class command wiring

euromowo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280CE 123
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a R class command ?
My problem is a dead unit ! I can only find one permanent feed at rear of unit.
Had it tested at BBA Reman who found a fault and repaired but on reinstall it still does not come on. No fault codes to be read as it appears not to be powering up... any info /help on this would be much appreciated. Looked in all usual places , rear SAM, battery trays etc . Did have a stored fault at EIS TERM30 not detected and term 15 not deyected but both cleared.

Thanks in advance

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its not that easy as it is CAN operated

OP
E

euromowo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280CE 123
command

Is there any way of testing. I have no illuminated fibre optics, what can i test in the way of power supply ?
A pin out ID would be of use, i recognise speaker connections but unsure of the others. Think one is for CD changer??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was the car tested on STAR as that is the only system that can tell you what is wrong

OP
E

euromowo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280CE 123
command

Tested using a Winstar system and a snap on Solus. Will book it in once i'm sure I've exhausted all simple tests/checks. If it only gets one permanent positive feed then thats what I have. It looks like it is miising an ign or wake up feed? The fact that you cannot access it to gain codes suggests its dead ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do not know that one, or even if it is capable of checking it, there is only ever one live feed, if the unit does not switch on it does suggest that it is faulty, the optic connectors only light up when on

OP
E

euromowo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280CE 123
command

Thanks Malcolm, it wouldn't be the first thing i've had back from BBA supposedly fixed at a great cost and returned faulty, this week!! Is the wake up generated from EIS? Everything else seems to be OK. Did have those term30/15 codes stored, but deleted. Can we bench test the command? I see some on fleabay powered up on bench to suggest all is ok with it ...
May have to bite the bullet and take to main dealer before returning it to BBA.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the comand has an on and /switch then it should turn on, and one of the optic leds will be alight. I can offer nothing else with a MB fault code, I know that BBA do take money for doing nothing and say that things are OK when they are not

OP
E

euromowo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
280CE 123
Thanks again, think you've confirmed my thinking on it. Unless I get another option it's getting sent back. £330 to get it checked and repaired and 10 days turn around! Just had a turbo actuator "repaired" by them for over £200 took a week and returned it faulty. They said they would source a replacement, but after 3 days I called them and they did not have one!! So still in the same position after a fortnight. How do they call themselves the best???? Do you recommend any other people?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes send it back and force the issue, its taking money on false pretences.

There are people who repair these things, you can ask Becker if it is a Becker

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
hi snap on solus is very limted to what it can do.best bet get it on star.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom