2007 X164 GL320 airmatic malfunction

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
I have had the airmatic malfunction light come on and off for the last couple of weeks but the ride height was ok. Today I noticed the front suspension was at normal height but the rear suspension both side was about 60mm heightened than the front and feels hard. Any ideas what the problem could be or how to reset the system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
T

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
Does anyone know if there is a rear axle ride height sensor that is independent of the right and left hand height sensors. I assume if either the right or left sensor failed that there would be a difference in height right to left not uniform as it is

OP
T

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
Do you think it could be moisture frozen in the valve block?

OP
T

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
Could it be one of the rear ride height sensors failed?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
you need to see if the rear height sensor is operating / still intact , not rotted off then go from there and have the codes read too

OP
T

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
Update: after riding around all week with the rear suspension locked in the high position and malfunction light on the dash the car decided to return to its normal level today all by itself! Now everything appears to be operating correctly. Could it have been frozen moisture in the valve block that has thawed?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom