2008 E320 CDI W211 - Bonnet Emblem conversion

mercteam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320/2008/W211
Hi all,

As the title suggests, im looking to do an emblem conversion for my mercedes. Some little runt(s) decided it was not worth being on my car anymore and decided to simply "take it off".

Ive been "googling" as such and come across conversions from standing star emblems to flush wreath emblems, this is along the lines of what im looking to do.

I know the job in itself is not too difficult, a case of unhinging the original emblem and popping in the new. Its the new emblem im just having difficulty with, as in, which one to actually replace it with. I would love some clarification on which emblem would actually work as a suitable replacement. I dont want to buy something from ebay or alike and find it doesnt fit or rattles about!

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Im sure you can all understand how frustrating it is when the star just gets ripped off by some little s@#t!

Many thanks!

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Hi,

I can understand your frustration!!! Not happened to me yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time. I worry about it everyday. Please let us all know what you do and what it cost.

Regards

Steve

OP
M

mercteam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320/2008/W211
Hi,

I can understand your frustration!!! Not happened to me yet, but I guess it's just a matter of time. I worry about it everyday. Please let us all know what you do and what it cost.

Regards

Steve

Hi, i haven been having much luck unfortunately. I had hoped on someone else on the forum having gone through the motions so to speak and providing advice! I think im gunna have to buy one of the flush wreath emblems online and just see how it fits!

G13NNS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Had the same thing happen to me. I found this seller on ebay selling the star pretty cheap I got mine for £6.50 ( item no 221795037822 ) fits perfect and mine was just a plain silver base ring on my 2008 C180 K and these have the wreath and Mercedes benz in blue stamped on worth a look at that price

OP
M

mercteam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320/2008/W211
Had the same thing happen to me. I found this seller on ebay selling the star pretty cheap I got mine for £6.50 ( item no 221795037822 ) fits perfect and mine was just a plain silver base ring on my 2008 C180 K and these have the wreath and Mercedes benz in blue stamped on worth a look at that price

Thanks for your reply! I will have a look into this. I guess the only major problem that im gunna face is finding an emblem that is the right size for the job. Will be quite frustrating to buy one and then find its not "flush".

Thanks for the item no!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The problem is there is not one listed

087155f12c29d90a4b63fd60bf60cb6d.png

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
are they not a standard fitment, like (i believe) the upright emblem is?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
On the Star that folds down the hole is very much larger than most flat badges, plus the flat badges are held in with pegs in nylon bushes.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom