2010 coupe window trim

Hoolie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 COUPE
Hi has anyone had problems with the chrome window trim discolouring.
I've just picked my new car up and at first I thought it was just wax residue but it's not coming off.
I was wondering about replacing the hole lot both sides front to back
Or getting them wrapped or sprayed gloss black to match the wheels & boot spoiler.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Hi has anyone had problems with the chrome window trim discolouring.
I've just picked my new car up and at first I thought it was just wax residue but it's not coming off.
I was wondering about replacing the hole lot both sides front to back
Or getting them wrapped or sprayed gloss black to match the wheels & boot spoiler.
Yep, my c207 is the same, it's anodized chrome and goes like that, I've tried polishing the hell out of it, to no avail, wrapping might work, but it ain't easy, and spraying is another possibility but again would be quite a big job, the only thing I've not tried yet is machine polishing it like you would for polishing alloy wheels, as you can polish them to a mirror finish. Would have to be careful around the paint work though, perhaps use a small Dremmel type tool with a small polishing pad on it.

OP
H

Hoolie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 COUPE
Thanks I'm guessing it's under the lacquer so it I'd have to take it all off to get to the chrome..... Think I'll get some quotes for wrapping then if it look a sod I can take it off.

OP
H

Hoolie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 COUPE
Yeah they're going milky. I've been watching YouTube clips for wrapping them so I thought I'd try that.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Yeah they're going milky. I've been watching YouTube clips for wrapping them so I thought I'd try that.

I’ve tried all sorts to clean mine, to no avail.
Smart AMG has come up with a possibility of machine polishing , but again this would be difficult to do.

OP
H

Hoolie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 COUPE
Definitely going to try wrapping so I'll up load some b4 & after pic's but it won't be for a few weeks, so watch this space

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Ask www.morethanpolish.com a forum sponsor they have a product that will restore it, they did post about it somewhere

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom