2011 E63 AMG facelift body kit?

Jonathan Baker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG
Hi, does anyone know if there is an approved facelift body kit for a 2011 E63? I was wondering if I could replace my front grill for the facelift version on the 2013 cars. I actually like having the N.A 6.3 engine. Has anyone done this and how much did it cost? Finally if this is possible, are there any car dealers in the U.K. that you can recommend to carry out the work? Many thanks.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
To be honest, I very much doubt that it could be done. There were that many differences in the W212 pre and post facelift that it would involve swapping the full front of the car and not just the front panel. The bonnet is different to accommodate the single headlamps, the wings may be the same, though this would need checking and there are probably a host of other things which I've forgotten, not least a load of wiring.

Apparently it was the most comprehensive facelift ever undertaken by Mercedes, at a development cost of close to €1 Billion, with nearly every body panel changing.

TLDR; Not worth doing as nothing will fit and the cost will outweigh the gains. :(

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ this really which I guess is a shame if the 6.2 N/A is the driver. I like the 5.5 bi turbo personally but then I never had it’s predecessor

OP
J

Jonathan Baker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG
Thanks for your replies guys.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom