Iceageuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C220 2.2 Diesel
Hi Everyone,

Not sure where to begin but would welcome some advice or ideas.

EML came on a while back. Scanner allowed it to be deleted. Went ok for a while then came back on. Saying back up pressure etc. Had the DPF changed. Few hundred miles then EML came back on and back into limp mode. Eventually in to Mercedes and had everything re-configured using their diagnostic equipment. Seemed to be a few faults relating to
electrical and
wiring loom as well as the DPF seemingly not being recognised. EML seemed to be sorted. Have now done almost a 1000 miles and not come back on. Problem now is that the car is very noisy on relatively hard acceleration. Very difficult to try and explain, but just doesn't feel right. Sometimes feels like the noise without the air filter being properly attached. Other times just feels really rough...sort of lumpy for use of a better word when accelerating. Power seems ok, maybe bit sluggish. Almost feels at times that its not completely firing properly?

Has anyone else encountered similar problems especially after having the DPF replaced? Or maybe its not connected? Just getting tired of some of the issues I been having with the car to be honest. Any guidance, suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks..Mike

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this and it sounds very frustrating. FYI Mercedes are updating emissions software on diesel models to reduce Nox, most of the updates are taking place as part of a service or during a recall, the problems you are experiencing may be due to this it’s certainly worth asking them the question

OP
I

Iceageuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C220 2.2 Diesel
Hi Malcolm, thanks for that. Yes frustrating is spot on lol. Are the updates you mention a specific to certain models or across all? Mike

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I would imagine all new generation >09 Diesel engines will be involved, most are being done during routine servicing or an airbag related recall

OP
I

Iceageuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C220 2.2 Diesel
Ok will check this out

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom