1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 meet ups, dates , venues..blah blah

Discussion in 'Meet Ups and Events' started by paul hayward, Jan 5, 2013.

1. paul hayward

paul hayward Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
    there you go:D

any ideas , dates meet ups that dont fall into any other area can go here:D

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    We have a possible at Gaydon for the spring (Midlands)
    We could have another at the Amberly working museum (South)
    We could have another at the Jamaca Inn (South West)

Any offers or shall I fix something up

3. bigasotonuk

bigasotonuk Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
    MB World is always good location for a meet, and not weather dependant as some locations can be.
    Another location for a meet could be Beaulieu National Motor museum, we had one there 3-4 years ago now, excellent place for a meetallowed us to have the arena all to ourselves and gave a discount on admission to.

4. Multi-Tech

Multi-Tech Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Which ever has fuel in it!!!
    Brooklands is nice and local for me so will pop along to a meet there if one is arranged?

5. richardN2O

richardN2O Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL55 AMG Kompressor
    At the end of March we have a weekend stay at the Brooklands Hotel, so to make the most of the opportunity I've booked myself an hour on the track in a C63 AMG Black :lol:

6. Quickbrit

Quickbrit Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 E Class 250 CDI Cab
    There's always been a very good turnout for the Jamaica Inn - the food and rooms aren't too shabby and there's plenty of room for a Mercedes or 25.

The fact that it's 20 minutes from me shouldn't really come into it :)

MikeE

7. television

Your Mercedes:
    We just do need a spring meet somewhere someone please, I do not care where it is

8. OP
    paul hayward

Your Mercedes:
    why you on this thread the:lol:...get ya name down;)

9. OP
    paul hayward

Your Mercedes:

im sure something will happen Malc.... get the cold spell out the way:D

10. television

Your Mercedes:
    Sadly many go flat Paul, just as Sarah said recently we start to find a venue and nothing more happens. So far only two meets so far Duxford and the Jamaca

11. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes W202
    Works for me ;)

12. MrX

MrX Guest

Hallo and Hi to all of the MB Owners Forum.

Maybe I can help out with a nice meeting in Germany which will happen on:

May 4th 2013 and May 5th 2013 in Zeltingen Rachtig Mosel River Valley Germany
    The venue is called Mercedes Mosel Blick : URL: http://mercedes-moselblick.de/
    What happens in the Nutshell is that anybody who has a Mercedes and loves the Mercedes product is invited to join. It does not matter which Club it is or from which country. Everybody is welcome.
    The day program May 4th 2013 begins at 9.00AM at the Kloster (Monestary) Machern In Zeltingen Rachting Germany GPS: 49° 57' 18.06" N, 7° 00' 05.43" E

The greeting speech or the Welcome will be at 10AM

From 10.10AM to Lunch around 12 you can drive your Mercedes on stage for the judges to see your beautiful Mercedes. After Lunch it will go on until 3.30PM. Then the trophy handout to the winners will take place til 5PM. The whole meeting will close at Kloster Machern at 6PM.

In the evening we all get togehter in one of the four Resturants and have a gemuetlichen evening. You can barbeque yourself or you eat whatever you like. Even you can drink the super Moselwine or drink the Kloster beer. Anyway who had enough of Drinks don't worry we lock the Mercedes secure and organise something to get us all in our Hotels or Hotel.

Sunday Morning: May 5th 2013 I suggest to make a river boat shuffle on the Mosel River to Bernkastel Kues and Traben Trabach. Beautiful Tudor houses and full of History and for the ladies (I knew it).... shops. This must be international that all ladies love shopping!!

Well after this enjoyment of the day out you can return to your hotel or we have a evening together go "earlish" to bed and return Monday 6th 2013 (English Bank Holiday) back to the UK. Yes you can bring Wine back home. LOL I think that weekend will create new friendships and see "over the fence" what's going on in other Mercedes Clubs. Good Idea? I think so.

You are not "verloren". I "still" speak German, so anybody stranded with lingua I can help out quickly.

The best way would be to leave Friday May 3rd 2013 and travel down to Zeltingen Rachtig. The distance from Calais to Zeltingen Rachtig is 455 km (On E40) and will take you 4hours and 14 minutes. I take Calais because I do not know where you all will be coming from here in the UK. I myself with Misses come from Christchurch Dorset and it will take us about 2hours 15minutes to the Eurotunnel Folkestone. A good time to take the train is at 9.20 AM. Back from Germany book between 3pm and 4pm. You book short stay saver for GBP £46 for each direction (when I remember correctly)

I will give you now some URL's which you can use to book your hotel and more info about Kloster Machern where the Mercedes Owners from all over Europe will meet as explained.

The entry fee for the day per car is for us Euro 7 instead of Euro 10 for the day entry without reservation. All members from MB Owners forum get the reduced price.

Hotel: tripadvisor.co.uk please enter into search Zeltingen Rachtig and please book your hotel.

UrL Kloster Machern in English (Hurray)
    http://www.brauhaus-kloster-machern.de/en

Reservation for your Mercedes: info@mercedes-moselblick.de
    Please write in English (of course) Your name, Type of Mercedes and the Registration.
    When you arrive at the entrance pay them cash Euro7. They know then you are coming anyway. The website from Mercedes Moselblick ( meaning Mosel View) is:
    www.mercedes-moselblick.de
    There will be also trophies for so called VIC Mercedes cars. VIC means Very important cars. Those are cars which would be very interesting for the judges to meet your Mercedes which is a rare model or something very very special. The best is to mentioned this in your email to Mercedes Moselblick.

The person who organises this meeting is Sergej Dell and is very well known in the Mercedes Meet Fraternity. Should Sergej get stuck with his English please let me know and I will sort it out for you.

So I hope to have interested you in a complete differnt meeting and hope I will meet you there or wherever on the trip down to the wonderful Mosel Valley.
    Thanks for reading. Ask me please and I will try my best to give you the correct answers.

Cheers and Auf Wiedersehen
    MrX

13. carnut13

carnut13 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
    Im interested in this trip as I know the area is very beautiful . I visited on the way back from picking up my SLK many years ago

What hotels are recommended..the Zeltinger Hof is fully booked, but has the organiser made any special deals or block bookings already?

14. MrX

MrX Guest

Hi carnut13,
    Thank You for your interest. Yes Zeltinger Hof is already booked and the Hotels "fill up" quickly.

Please go here:
    www.deutschherrenhof.de The Englisch button nor French work. Buuuhhh!!!:lol:

HOTEL DEUTSCHHERRENHOF
    Manfred Schmitz ist the father from Alexandria Schmitz

Deutschherrenstr. 23
    54492 Zeltingen-Rachtig / Germany
    Tel: +49 (0)6532-935-0
    Fax: +49 (0)6532-935-199
    eMail:info@deutschherrenhof.de

Please call or send an email as below attached and ask for Alexandria Schmitz. She speaks and writes fluent English. She will take care of you. You can also book halfboard which we have done (For Friday Night and Sunday Night) Saturday night we are not in the Hotel eating because we are with the Mercedes Group in the evening at the Kloster Machern. Instead Alexandria will make you a beautiful Lunch Paket which you can indulge during the day on Saturday. Please ask for it.

Also the jetty for the Mosel ships for Sunday is only 100 meters from the hotel. So all very convenient. Also the Kloster Machern is just 3 minutes drive over the bridge to the other side of the Mosel. The hotel itself is direct by the Mosel River. The hotel is clean and very very well organised. The prices are in Euro so it gets cheaper.

I know exactly what you mean with central or group booking. Most big Mercedes Meets like another big big one "Schoene Sterne Hattingen" (Ruhr area)
    (http://www.mercedes-fans.de/treffen/treffen_artikel/id=4712
    ....sorry no English. Told them to put up something in English. But the video and pictures explain everything for you.)

don't do those bookings, because people book and then don't come etc. Generaly the hotel prices in Germany are good and affordable. The breakfasts are huge and very good like at the Deutschherrenhof in Zeltingen Rachtig.

And by the way from Calais to The Mosel by Wittlich (where you will leave se Autobahn) you have straigt through Autobahn. Hmm nice. :lol:

I hope I answered you all your questions. Book early as the hotel will be sold out soon. AND: You book please, No deposit required, Should you need to cancel you must do that 3 days before your arrival. To make sure check this out again when you call Alexandria at the hotel.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Tschuess
    MrX

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  15. carnut13

carnut13 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
    Im making my arrangements...anyone else going??:lol:

16. Mic

Mic Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
    I am going to Northern Spain with The Mercedes-Benz Club 10-19 May so this trip is a bit too close for me......pity......it should be an excellent meeting.

I have often fancied The Prescott Hill Climb for a cub meeting and I thing the Bugattis would be a fabulous sight and sound, w/e 01/02 June, as the back drop to a group picnic......anyone have a view?

http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/may2011.aspx

Mic

17. Developer

Developer Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo

I'm still contemplating donating my Honda to Beaulieu National Motor museum, as I can't see me riding it again anytime soon.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  18. OP
    paul hayward

Your Mercedes:
    i fancy finding out a bit more about the national 123 meet up:D...may go in my 210:lol:

19. television

Your Mercedes:
    This was my 280TE it was very nice, this was back in 1987

Attached Files:

20. OP
    paul hayward

Your Mercedes:
    thanks Malc...just like those classic lines:cool:...and just older cars in general but as im more MB now than VWs a 123 estate would fit the bill well:lol:;)

nice car ( and house there too Malcolm) ;-)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013