2014 C220D - Which coolant??

ChrisMerc01

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220D 2014
Hi All,

I've got a load of information from the forum over the last few months so thanks to all the contributors.

I need to top up my coolant so have been looking at the posts on identifying which one to use but am still confused on this one and don't want to put in the wrong stuff. The fluid in there at present is orange so when speaking to Mercedes Brighton I was advised to top it up with a red coolant but I was hoping for something more specific.

Looking on other posts it looks like this might be what I need and is in fact amber?: https://www.opieoils.co.uk//p-903-m...eeze-coolant-ready-to-use-37c-protection.aspx

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Chris

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You cannot go by colour. The colour is nothing more than a dye and there is no standard colour code for composition.
The only way to be sure is to drain and flush and refill with a known grade of coolant. Most MBs use G48 coolant but the correct spec will be in your owners manual.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom