2014 CLS 250 cdi Comand NTG 4.7 not working

gildeaa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 2004 320CDI W211
Hi, I hope someone can assist me with some guidance to this fault, it all started with the Comand system switching on and off, I changed the main battery as it was getting on a bit and thought that might be the problem, but alas no! I then tried disconnecting the earth from the battery for 30mins hoping that it would reset the system , still nothing happened, pulled the fuses for Comand from the front can and rear can for 30 mins in the hope of a reset and still nothing. I have removed the Comand unit and checked that the rear fuse is ok. The only thing happening is that the on/off button flashes.
I plugged Icarsoft MB2 in and I got this message Central Gateway codes P0610 stating "the coding of the control module is incorrect" U118300 "the diagnostic Can Network management is unstable" U116000 "A bus keepawake unit was detected"
further to that Instrument Cluster code U014787 "Communication with the telematics gateway has a malfunction, the message is missing".
Icarsoft is also telling me that the Comand unit checks out ok.
The car was due a service so i spoke to my local garage who has Star and asked him to have a look at it.
He said that Star checked out the system with no codes to reportand and that I need a new Comand unit which he will supply second hand, I declined this offer.
Any ideas would be welcome.

OP
G

gildeaa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 2004 320CDI W211
Follow up,
I left my car with the dealer for a diagnostic check with regard to my Comand system not working, they told me the Comand system needed to be replaced, quote £2600 however, I refused this generous offer.
But it did confirm that the previous mechanic was right, so I am eating humble pie.
I intend to purchase a second hand unit, part number A2129006426 , can anyone tell me if I will need the VIN number from the donnor vechicle and a radio code.
I do expect it will need to be coded to the car using Star. Any valued comments welcome.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It would be worth having a chat with @Alfie from comand on line. They‘re a forum support and know everything there is to know about comand systems

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
It would be worth having a chat with @Alfie from comand on line. They‘re a forum support and know everything there is to know about comand systems
Yes, give ComandOnline a call for advice:

OP
G

gildeaa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 2004 320CDI W211
Thanks for your replys guys, unfortunately, I live in Northern Ireland, so using Commandonline is not going to be an option for me, however, i have tracked down 2 units with the same part number A2129006426 from a 2016 e class, but the supplier could not give me a radio code.
I have emailed today a local mechanic who has Star and asked if he can do it without the code, so still waiting on an answer.
Thanks again for your help.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Thanks for your replys guys, unfortunately, I live in Northern Ireland, so using Commandonline is not going to be an option for me, however, i have tracked down 2 units with the same part number A2129006426 from a 2016 e class, but the supplier could not give me a radio code.
I have emailed today a local mechanic who has Star and asked if he can do it without the code, so still waiting on an answer.
Thanks again for your help.
The guys at ComandOnline are forum sponsors so they won’t mind you phoning them for advice which is what we were suggesting. They will be able to answer the questions you posed above.

OP
G

gildeaa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 2004 320CDI W211
Will do, many thanks for the info

OP
G

gildeaa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 2004 320CDI W211
Update, I purchased a Comand unit from the Bay without any code as it is not required, and fitted it to the car and sure enough up came the Anti theft warning.
I gave the car over to my local indie and he simply coded it to the car and hey presto, everthing is up and running again. I then purchased a new map update for the unit for £89 which was very straight forward to do.
I hope my experience may help others if anyone else comes across this problem.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom