2015 C220 S205 Horn Fuse

Jack O all Trades

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 S205
Hi, I'm new to the forums - I usually manage to find what I'm looking for by searching, but this one has me stumped. Basically I haven't managed to find any 2015 C220 S205 data on the whereabouts of the horn fuse. Plenty W205 data, but I definitely don't have any sort of fuse tray under the bonnet.
Here's hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks a lot for reading this far.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
have you looked at fuse-box info

amd welcome to the forum and stick around!

OP
J

Jack O all Trades

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 S205
have you looked at fuse-box info

amd welcome to the forum and stick around!
Yes thanks. I spent 2 hours searching everywhere and only came up with W205's. S205's seem not to count! :(

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Out of interest why do you need the horn fuse.

Cant see the fuse layouts being different

OP
J

Jack O all Trades

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 S205
Thanks Tony, and sorry for the very late response. Earlier messages came through my email, but this one didn't.
I have now found the fuse :).
The problem with me not finding it earlier was the very poor image that is in the various MB posts, and all for the W205. The images I found showed a circle that would have been around 3-1/2" to 4" dia with a few clips around it. There's nothing at all like that on my car, and that made me think there was a difference between the various C220 models.
Nowhere did I find any mention of removing a cover, as shown in the images you've sent.
The engine compartment fuse box on my car is on the drivers side.
I've got the job done now. I lifted the fuse box out of its housing and attached a wire to the output wire to the horns. I fed that through the large bulkhead seal directly behind the fuse box. I sealed the hole I made in the both the fuse box folder and the bulkhead seal.
Job done :)
Thanks very much for pointing mt in the right direction.

OP
J

Jack O all Trades

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 S205
Out of interest why do you need the horn fuse.

Cant see the fuse layouts being different
I wanted to attach a secondary horn and I'd thought, rightly now I've found from another message I got, that it would be closer and easier to get to than taking a wire from the horns themselves. I've installed a switch in the console so I can switch on or off the new horn, leaving the original horns to sound whether the new horn is on or off.

The reason I thought the layouts were different was because of the MB images that I found showing a circle 3-1/2" to 4" dia with clips around it. Nothing like that on my car at all.
I've since been sent images that showed where the fuses are. The box they are in is on the offside and there are two T20 head bolts holding the top down to make a very decent seal. That lid doesn't give any hint that there may be fuses under it.

OP
J

Jack O all Trades

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 S205
Hi, I'm new to the forums - I usually manage to find what I'm looking for by searching, but this one has me stumped. Basically I haven't managed to find any 2015 C220 S205 data on the whereabouts of the horn fuse. Plenty W205 data, but I definitely don't have any sort of fuse tray under the bonnet.
Here's hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks a lot for reading this far.
Fuse box found - poor images on MB data is why I couldn't find what I was looking for. The images I'd found all showed a circle 3-1/2" to 4" Dia with clips around it. Nothing like that at all on my car.
The box, ~ 4" x 8", is on the offside and fuses are accessed by undoing T20 headed bolts and lifting the sealing lid.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom