2018 old style dash display

Stujem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E220 d Convertible
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to replace the speedometer display for a digital type. It was an extra but unfortunately the previous owner did not have this option? Any advice most grateful

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Can you not customise the display as shown in the youtube video below?

OP
S

Stujem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E220 d Convertible
Thank you for the info, want I wanted to know if it was possible to replace my old style speedo display and replace for a used 12.3" Speedometer Instrument Cluster.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Thank you for the info, want I wanted to know if it was possible to replace my old style speedo display and replace for a used 12.3" Speedometer Instrument Cluster.
I’m sure it’s possible but will be expensive as it’s not just pull one out and fit the other in, essentially there will be different wiring then coding, that’s on top of trying to get one in the first place which if I understand are very expensive now due to spares shortages globally

OP
S

Stujem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E220 d Convertible
these are the backs the old speedo is the one ive got

Attachments

• OLD SPEEDO ANALOG.jpg
    OLD SPEEDO ANALOG.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 9
  • NEW SPEEDO DIGITAL.jpg
    NEW SPEEDO DIGITAL.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 9

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350d Amg Premium Saloon, Cavansite Blue, 2017
Hi, yes very much possible, i had my 2017 E350d done at comand online uk, new one cost 4k inclusive of other parts and labour, but this was 2 years ago, they also can get used ones, but some have white cloud marks in the edges, which is a known issue on the earlier ones, so I opted for the new one.

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

This is the company, ask for Richard, too bloke, and they know their stuff with regards to Mercedes’ retrofits

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’m sure it’s possible but will be expensive as it’s not just pull one out and fit the other in, essentially there will be different wiring then coding, that’s on top of trying to get one in the first place which if I understand are very expensive now due to spares shortages globally
This is spot on, it’s not just plug and play, a fan needs to be added, then transferring the mileage to the cluster, and also service details, and coding, firmware updates and updating data card.

Top Bottom