211 current drain!

luders79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 estate
Hello all,

I have got a 211 (E220 cdi 52 reg) at the moment which has a current drain of 2.5 amps! This is only there when car is locked on the remote!! Now i know your thinking that must be easy to find but its starting to get the better of me! I have check all fuses i.e pulled all out no difference! what i've found is that the interior can network is staying awake! got to the can distribution points in each of the front footwells and unplugged each connector on them and found drain goes when rear sam is off the can network! So it had the rear sam replaced, after that the current drain is still there! So started to unplugged connectors on rear sam one at a time but making sure the sam was still connected to the can network! So one by one unplugged conectors found that some connectors would drop the drain a bit but still the can network was awake ! when i got down to about 3 connectors i unplugged the connector for the rear screen ampilfier.which shut down drain/can network So put all back together and unplugged that connector first thinking it would shut down , but no so carried on un plugging again then it was the connector the main earth, fuel pump and connector wire to front sam that caused it to shut down when dissconnected ! so as before put back together so i could unplugged it first and again it didn't make a difference! so carried on again and this time it was the connectors for the rear head rests that allowed the drain to go and can to shut down! so i really not sure whats going on???

- only there when locked by remote
- so no fuse makes a difference
- drain goes when rear sam is dissconnected from can network
- it's had a new rear sam from mercedes
- no one connector seems to shut down the drain / can network when disconnected from rear sam.

would welcome any suggestions!!

Thanks

OP
L

luders79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 estate
i've still cant figure it out think it's going to have to go to a stealership!!!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
These are the kind of jobs i love!!

Look at it from another view! theres a drain, something IS draining it!,

Ok, you have pulled every fuse and relay and disconnect every control unit! still a drain!

I had a 164 doing this very thing when they first come out! turned out it was a headlight control unit! work that out!

I know your pulling your hair out luders but stick with it! or bring it down to me!!!!

OP
L

luders79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 estate
want to sort it out but its taking up to much time!
I havn't disconnected every control module just taken them off the can bus! i have narrowed it down abit! The connectors that make drain go are connector 1 on rear sam also connectors 23 & 30. also if you unplugged connector 2 it will shut it all down! if you remove connectors 1, 23,30 drain goes but if you plug anyone of them in on there own the drain with reappear! take it out and it goes pout any one of the 3 back in back it comes. but if i disconnect the rear sam from the can bus it will shut down and when its reconnected the drain doesn't come back but this is only the can connection that does this! really is getting on my nerves! its almost like something is try to feed back through one of the connectors (1, 23,30 )

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
That do sound like a weird one Luders, and i understand how your feeling, when i was at the dealers time didnt matter!

We could spend all day, because some poor sod was paying for it,

You will find it! its just a matter of time and elimination!

And when you do you will forgot all the **** and just remember how you traced the drain!!

OP
L

luders79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 estate
wish i was as confident as you were been on it for about 2 days in total and just cant figure it out!!! really can not see what i can do next to be honest!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Bring it down, we will sort it for you, it takes time!! trouble is, after a few hours you start losing the will to live, the fault is looking at you!

You can sort it, keep going back to basics, think outside of the box, think of everything you haven't thought about and everything you have, the answer is there!!!

Give me a bell,any drain can be cured!!

OP
L

luders79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 estate
might just give you a bell then at some point is that ok???? your bit far for me to drop it to you were in london!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
might just give you a bell then at some point is that ok???? your bit far for me to drop it to you were in london!

London!!!

Amo drives down here at least once a month, its not that far!

We have a ML from b,ham with us at the mo.

You want it sorted??

bring it down Sir!!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
big tin box and big hammer required. beat hell out of tin box with big hammer every time this problem frustrates you. fixes nothing, but sure as hell makes you feel better!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom