220 CDI Starting problems

vobrid_diesel

Reaction score
My 220 CDI (W203, 1998) has problems starting, finally I got the fuel issues worked out and now she does not want to start. I have hooked up a light on the fuel injectors and noticed that sometimes it is blinking and sometimes not. Now I could be wrong but I thought that it should be blinking constantly for the car to start. Does anyone know if this problem is due to a faulty camshaft sensor or should I be starting to think on a new computer?

mister_cee333

Reaction score
I've had a similar problem on a Jag X Type (Erratic injector pulse). It turned out to be a broken wire in the connector to the ECU.

D3AN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180 Esprit
Had simliar problem on cdi sprinter, loom had rubbed through and was shorting out, diagnostic check should locate your problem.

piestore

Reaction score
poor starting

HI

Most likley cause is failed injector causing fuel pressure to be too low

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
As above, or fuel line o-rings leaking air into the system.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom