Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Going to cost £400 plus £55 to read the codes and transfer!!!

landywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55amg
c/pillar seals

Hi Malcom can you tell me if you have done a post yet on how to fix the bottom c/pillar seals ? i have got a tube of locktite superflex in black as you advised me to just waiting for your instructions many thanks

Regards Mike

Last edited:
OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Malcom can you tell me if you have done a post yet on how to fix the c/pillar seals i have got a tube of locktite superflex in black as you advised me to just waiting for your instructions many thanks

Regards Mike

Now that the better weather is coming,,it will be in just a few weeks and I will do a complete new DIY for it

kole301

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200 (year 1999 - 136 HP)
On different sites I read that that the elements of a SLK/CLK roof has to be lubed by:
Metal on metal: by lithium grease
Metal on rubber: by silicon grease
Rubber on rubber: Krytox
Mercedes is recommending its own roof lube... “Sliding compound lubrification oil”...
Part no: A 000 9893660 Just 30 ml and 43.03 Euros (+/- 60 US dollars)...
Shin-Etsu for Honda S2000 is no more available...
Any alternatives products and prices in Europe or elsewhere for Metal/Metal, Metal/Rubber and Rubber/Rubber..?

remlucs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL63-P30 2012 ; SL55 2002
Malcolm
Thanks for all your posts on SL roof/boot leaks, I am off to address mine now as despite having a full new set of seals fitted by MB last year, it still has a permanently wet boot if I do not use a cover!! I do have a further question re leaks as my SL55 also leaks through the A post just above the door mirror (that is where the water appears on the inside), the seals all look good and are pliable, I have used silicon spray on them all too but I still have a lot of wet floor mornings. Any ideas please?
Simon

benamg22

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK55 Cabriolet
Trying to Contact Television

Malcom - I am writing from the US and am trying to contact you regarding a previous post you made. I have a w209 CLK55 and am having headlight problems. I have a replacement ballast and igniter, along with the instructions to remove the light (bumper etc). However, I cannot find any specific instructions regarding the actual replacement of the igniter. Can you help me with this? My email address is sanderson52@nc.rr.com. Once I receive a response I will remove my email as per your instructions in previous posts. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
once the headlight is out it is very simple, just unbolt the old one and then bolt on the new one! on one side of the car (drivers side in UK RHD cars) the part can be changed from beneath the car without headlight removal.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Malcom - I am writing from the US and am trying to contact you regarding a previous post you made. I have a w209 CLK55 and am having headlight problems. I have a replacement ballast and igniter, along with the instructions to remove the light (bumper etc). However, I cannot find any specific instructions regarding the actual replacement of the igniter. Can you help me with this? My email address is sanderson52@nc.rr.com. Once I receive a response I will remove my email as per your instructions in previous posts. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Malcolm is away for a few weeks!!!!!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom