230TE Low Oil Light flicker

TonyJones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 S55 L AMG kompressor
Hi,

Have just bought a cheap 1992 230TE off ebay to replace my 320TE that was written off by the two idiots behind me that didnt manage to stop in heavy traffic :(

The car has done 144k, has a full service history, Petrol, Auto and I think rides slightly better than my old 320TE :cool:

As is usual there are a few problems:-

- The low oil light flickers /stays on for a few seconds from time to time - I have checked the oil twice and its near the max. Also said light flickers when I turn the ignition on sometimes. Is this likely to be a sensor in the sump or something more serious ?. Oil pressure guage is fine by the way

- Aerial not going up but motor running - guess its either jammed or the teeth are worn away. I am going to take it out and see if i can fix otherwise will get a replacement from halfords or somewhere else ?

- Have got an option on some merc alloys - they are 7j with 205/60 15's , dont know the offset at the moment - will these be ok as a direct replacment to the steel wheels/will i need different bolts? Do i need to check the offset ?

- Whats the current oil recommendation for these cars ?

Can anyone point in the right direction for spare parts as I'd like to attempt a few of the easier jobs myself.

Thanks in advance

Tony

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom