250 CDI Blue Efficiency

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Too sloppy ?? . what do you want .. a Lotus Exige ??

My C can corner like it's on rails ....... in fact it corners better than an Mtec 5 series ........... with the active suspension.......... you have to attack the corner, . it then stiffens up nicely ... but you do need to be able to drive hard, to manage it !

And then it wallow's like a hippo, down the motorway, like it's on air ............. Mmmmmm nice !!

OP
P

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
If I manage to keep my clk as long as I plan then I'm sure things will have changed by then.

It's a while since I drove the elegance so perhaps I might find it OK now.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I rate the C so highly (can you tell) . that I question the E class, big time ......... it needs to be bigger better stronger faster, more luxorious, to step away from the current C class.

G

Geezer

Having a test drive of the 250 CDI Sport tomorrow. I'll report back.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Enjoy ! .... take out an Elegance aswell .... you may like it and save a few quid !!

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
My son (who does not hang about when driving) just reported 52mpg tank/tank on his auto BMW 325d. Puts my C Class auto Estate to shame at 39mpg tank/tank. Both cars are 2008/9.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
My beamer does better than my C class .. but hey ho .. there's always the blue effiency, that catches up a bit ......... or a re-map of course !!

G

Geezer

Having a test drive of the 250 CDI Sport tomorrow. I'll report back.

Well, I was so impressed I bought one!

Very responsive and the only time I could tell it was an oil burner was when I really gave it welly! :razz: As well as Sport and Comfort there is a Manual mode when you change gears via the paddles on the steering wheel. I like the built in Blue Tooth for a phone. Well put together and oozes class! :cool:

This car is so good I am left wondering what is the point of the E Class?!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
More space for one, not having hard plastic door liners for another.

OP
P

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Returned this one now.
The 209 is a well built car and I liked the engine and the steering.
Whilst the sport model looks good and can fly around corners I could not live with it on the rough roads in the Lakes.

Good choice Geezer.

OP
P

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not sunny today bit it's been nice recently.
It does have England's highest rainfall up on the tops.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Well, I was so impressed I bought one!

Very responsive and the only time I could tell it was an oil burner was when I really gave it welly! :razz: As well as Sport and Comfort there is a Manual mode when you change gears via the paddles on the steering wheel. I like the built in Blue Tooth for a phone. Well put together and oozes class! :cool:

What did I tell ya !!;) .... glad you like it, and the bluetooth is excellent .... so excellent in fact, that I have a full cradle, but don't bother with it .... and I'm on the phone all the time, I'm in the car !!

It really is difficult to justify an E class ........... the room it has is bugger all extra ........and especially for the price difference.

Enjoy your new car, when you get it ...... it will be very tight for ages ..... a number of members on here keep reminding me the car just gets better and better ........ they are right .......... I'm 0n 14500 now since April ........ and she's still loosening up .......in for a service week after next ( not that it needs it yet)15500 miles is a joke for a service schedule !!

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
it will be very tight for ages ..... a number of members on here keep reminding me the car just gets better and better ........ they are right .......... I'm 0n 14500 now since April ........ and she's still loosening up

Long way to go yet if mine's anything to go by. Had it since 17k, now at 83k and she's still getting better and better by the mile.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Long way to go yet if mine's anything to go by. Had it since 17k, now at 83k and she's still getting better and better by the mile.

The chaps I used to feel sorry for were my contemporaries who worked in the motor industry.

On the plus side, they always had nice "top of the range" company cars.

On the downside, that meant high "benefit in kind" taxes, and they had to change them every 6 months.

My experience of new cars in the 1980s was that you did not get to the end of the "snagging list" in 6 months, so these poor people were paying for the privilege of beating the faults out of cars which would almost certainly serve the next owner well.

Bit like being a guinea pig, I guess?

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
Yes I can see the rain and cloud over the tops most days I am over there; I walk them hills a fair bit when the sun does shine .Luckily the island seems to miss most of it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom