300ce-24 m104 engine misfiring

yjal74

Reaction score
I have a misfiring problem in my 300ce-24. I have narrowed it down to cyl 4 only. I have replaced the distributor and spark leads but to no help.

If I leave the car undriven for a few days and start it up, the misfiring is really bad.... I can step on the accelerator and the car is bogged down and moves slowly until speed builds up and it suddenly lunges forward as normal at higher speeds. While driving, I can feel the engine misfiring but not too obvious unless the car becomes stationary.

After driving and restarting the car everal times, the misfiring disappears and just when you think it is gone, it comes back occassionally but not as bad as after leaving the car undriven for several days.

Any suggestions to look at?

Cheers

Oceanic

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1990 300E-24
Bump.
I am having similar problems with my 300E-24. After 1 or more days of having not been driven, or if I'm just regularly driving with a very careful foot, the engine misfires, particularly in the 1000rpm-1800rpm range. After driving enthusiastically in the lower gears, it starts to clear up. However, it can occasionally come back, and the engine is also prone to misfiring when very warm.

Have you managed to find the cause of your problem yjal74?
Has anybody got some ideas about this?

The previous owner said it is injectors which are old and leaking - does that even physically make sense?

Any help, however small, would be greatly appreciated.

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
need an expert diagnosis as it could be a number of things, worth having a compression test to rule out head gasket failure though

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom