1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Spares] 300TE W124 Front Wing and 2 driver's side Doors

Discussion in 'Spares for Sale and Wanted' started by maxicab, Aug 2, 2010.

1. maxicab

maxicab Senior Member

I don't think the front or rear doors or wing were specific to the estate and would probably fit a saloon too, but I know the doors wouldn't fit a coupe - but the front wing might well.

These were bought for a project about 5 years ago that never got off the ground. They are original MB parts though. The colours are all different as you'll see in the pictures if I can manage that. There's nothing but the metal though - you'll have to fit everything else to the doors. Although they would physically fit in place, I'm not sure if you could attach the plastic panels from the later models - these have space just for the single trim strips.

Open to offers, but you'll have to pick them up from Lewes in East Sussex.

Hope it suits someone. Photos to follow?

Cheers

David

2. OP
    maxicab

maxicab Senior Member

pictures of wing and doors

Here are pictures relating to previous items

Attached Files:

3. SMAC

SMAC Member

Hi Maxicab,

I'm interested in your front wing, what sort of money were you looking for? Is the wing completely rust free or are there any signs of blistering?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

4. OP
    maxicab

maxicab Senior Member

Front Wing W124

Hi Smac

Well the outside is pretty much as you see in the photo. Maybe you can try zooming in on it - there's 4 or 5 very small areas where the paint has been sanded back to metal and there is very light surface rust that could be easily sanded off before priming. There's another 3 or 4 places where the paint has been sanded very lightly, removing the top layer of paint.

The inside is pretty good except there is some light rust around the bolt holes, and also on the horizontal flat bit just in front of the wheel arch This could just be rust cured and painted. I'll attach some more wing photos in the next post if I can.

I don't want much. I was thinking of £20 for the wing and £15 for each door - but I'll come down on this if you think I'm robbing you!

Cheers

5. OP
    maxicab

maxicab Senior Member

W124 wing inside photos

A IMG_3155 (2).JPG

IMG_3156 (2).JPG

IMG_3159 (2).JPG

I've attached 3 pics of inside of wing. I think you'll be able to work out what they are pictures of. Not perfect but very usable with a little effort.

Cheers.

6. SMAC

SMAC Member

Hi Maxicab,

Many thanks for getting back to me and for the additional pics, my apologies for the delay in replying.

The wing to me looks ok but I'm no expert and fear that once rust appears no matter what you do it will come back eventually particularly front and leading edge of arch.

I'm seeing someone this week regarding bodywork and will see whether they think it's worth taking a punt. Either way I'll get back to to you and let you know.

Regards

SMAC