310D 98 Odometer Failure

JK310D

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me, my odometer just died on my 310D, one moment there and then gone, there are no other symptoms, it's a high miler 280K but clean tidy with no other issues that I know of.

I can't locate any fuse for it so I assume it's in with another circuit, can any one guide me on which circuit I'm looking for?

Also how easy is it to remove the instrument console to check if there is power/signal to the odometer? if anyone has a schematic that shows the assembly to remove it that would save me ages.

Fingers crossed that one of you can help me.

JK

OP
J

JK310D

Reaction score
310D Odometer Failure

Just a follow up to improve the knowledge base here, I did some basic checks of the loom that runs along the scuttle panel as suggested in other threads to be a cause for electrical problems in 310 and 312's, found nothing.

So decided to take the top of the dash out to have a look at the cluster and Odo. I had wrongly assumed that the LCD had an integrated backlight (later versions may have) and found that the LCD has a seperate backlight bulb (thats been on for 280K!) the bulb had blown so MB will have one in for me this PM, should be a simple swap over and fix, if it isn't then I'll update this thread. Note it's a different bulb to the Vito one despite what the MB guy suggested - glad I removed it to take with me.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Pleased that you are sorting it an easy fix then with a little luck

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom