350SL fusebox problem

Isdyldan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'71 350 SL, Mercedes 350 CLS SB, '94 Shogun 2.8 LWB, '73 Porsche 914
Hi - has anyone ever experienced a problem where only half the fuses are getting power with the ignition on please? It isn't just one row, it is some from one row and some on the other. I tried to take out the fusebox to see how they were fed, but it is also a mystery to me how the thing comes apart! I have removed it from the side of the footwell but after removing the two screws on the bit where the fuses go, I still can't get to the rear of them. Has anyone any ideas please?

OP
I

Isdyldan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'71 350 SL, Mercedes 350 CLS SB, '94 Shogun 2.8 LWB, '73 Porsche 914
Hi again - please see attached photo - I have removed the two screws indicated by the arrows, but can't see how to remove the fuse holders. Is there a special technique please??

Attachments

• Fuses.JPG
    Fuses.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 33

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom