4 month wait for new C class

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Wind noise from the tops of the doors above 65mph..

As 90% of my use is on motorway, I'd be distraught if I changed my car and got a new that did that.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
For my next car I'm considering a Skoda Octavia Vrs with dsg :D.

I came from one of those to the C350.

The only reason I never got another when it came time to change is they're asking too much for the car.

To the same spec as my previous car (less keyless which my last one didn't have) it was £35k. Mine was £29k.

I saw a 8mth old identical spec car for £25k.

That's why I never got one. If I was keeping the car I wouldn't be fussed. But I change cars every 3-4yrs and I'd lose too much money.

But as a car it was fantastic and I tuned it so it was running a lot of extra oomph. Would have another in a heartbeat but for the cost.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It's quiet as a mouse up to 65.. Then a flutter starts above the drivers and passenger door. Faster than that and it's a full on overall whoosh over the entire front of the car. It don't think it's much worse than most cars but because the rest of the car is uber quiet it stands out. Having said that the other halfs Toyota iq is quieter at 70!

It's a disappointment. Lovely but flawed. If I keep it they'd better figure out why a 40 grand car makes such a noise and can't shift gears properly.

It was green PDI'd by Natalie Bennett.

nickcbutler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 AMG Estate
My car came two weeks ago, a bit earlier than they first said. It's a blue C250 AMG estate with most of the extras available such as command, memory seats, hud, airmatic, etc. I'm very impressed with it. I've had a number of c's and e's over the past 15 years and this is by far the most refined and enjoyable card to drive. I drive lots of other cars at the moment such as my wife's Range Rover Evoque and F type so I would say I've got a fairly balanced view. The engine is not as smooth as the v6 diesels but then again you don't get 65mpg from those. It feels quick off the mark and pulls well in mid range. I agree it holds 2nd gear when cold but they are programmed to do this. The most noticable thing with the car is how much bigger it feels. It's a real difference from the last c class and there is lots of room inside. The interior looks stunning. The front end is pretty too with the eyebrow running lights really setting it off. I got a 12pct discount on the list price so it's worth shopping around.

Maniac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Coupe
My car came two weeks ago, a bit earlier than they first said. It's a blue C250 AMG estate with most of the extras available such as command, memory seats, hud, airmatic, etc. I'm very impressed with it. I've had a number of c's and e's over the past 15 years and this is by far the most refined and enjoyable card to drive. I drive lots of other cars at the moment such as my wife's Range Rover Evoque and F type so I would say I've got a fairly balanced view. The engine is not as smooth as the v6 diesels but then again you don't get 65mpg from those. It feels quick off the mark and pulls well in mid range. I agree it holds 2nd gear when cold but they are programmed to do this. The most noticable thing with the car is how much bigger it feels. It's a real difference from the last c class and there is lots of room inside. The interior looks stunning. The front end is pretty too with the eyebrow running lights really setting it off. I got a 12pct discount on the list price so it's worth shopping around.

I'm led to believe that the D2-D3 jerky shifting is on the C200 petrol only (as I have). I didn't go diesel as I found them too noisy and unrefined, however I hear they shift gears just fine. My biggest question to you is do you hear wind noise at motorway speeds (or a smidgen above)? Especially in cross winds. Mine, while not cocophanous, is certainly very noticeable if the HiFi isn't on.

nickcbutler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 AMG Estate
No I don't get wind noise. It's very quiet. I've just swapped back from a petrol to diesel.

Maniac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Coupe
No I don't get wind noise. It's very quiet. I've just swapped back from a petrol to diesel.

That's interesting. No wind noise at all, at 70mph+ on motorway runs? My BMW shows wind noise at those speeds, but road noise drowns that out. The Merc has little road noise and that's why I'm wondering if the wind noise seems louder, or if there's an issue.

Grotbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 Estate Sport Premium AND 2005 CLK 200K Convertible Avantgarde
I have also had my new C220 Diesel Estate Sport Premium Plus with 360 Cameras for 2 weeks. Very smooth gearbox with no shudder between gears.
My gripe is I hate Stop/Start and you can only deselect it at the start of every journey.
I also noticed that some cars have an analogue clock in the centre console. Mine doesn't.
My other concern is I don't think the fuel economy is that great so far as the gauge appears to be going down quite quickly. The car has only done 300 miles since new. Does this get better as the car 'runs in'?

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
300 miles in any car let alone a diseasel is nothing. It won't be fully loosened up for a few K miles

Last edited:

nickcbutler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 AMG Estate
The clock has to be specified at the initial build stage I'm afraid. I get high 30s at the moment in a stop, start 10 mile round trip to work. My wife will take the car a couple of times a week once its done a few miles as her journey is an 80 mile round trip. Most diesels take a while to bed in and realize the proper fuel economy. I've just driven up to N Yorks and can get up to 55mpg on the fast roads

Gh999yas

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Blutec SE EXECUTIVE 2015
My new (March 2015) C220 diesel is now returning 68-72mpg on runs at 60mph. No wind noise and gears are spot on.

dragon007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250Estate(S205)
FWIW, I pick mine (250, Estate, AMG, Premium, air suspension, etc. etc.) up on Saturday, nearly 3months to the day after ordering.
(and for those dicussing where it is built, it's Germany(Bremen) transported to Zeebruge and then shipped to UK) (which took about 2 week in total)

wivenhoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 E Class E350e plug in hybrid
There was an official Merc doc posted fairly recently. If I remember correctly, right hand drive C Class for Europe are built in South Africa, left hand drive for Europe is Bremen. The only exception is the C Class right hand drive C350e Plug In which is manufactured in Bremen.

dragon007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250Estate(S205)
There was an official Merc doc posted fairly recently. If I remember correctly, right hand drive C Class for Europe are built in South Africa, left hand drive for Europe is Bremen. The only exception is the C Class right hand drive C350e Plug In which is manufactured in Bremen.

I can confirm that the RHD C-Class Estate is built in Bremen (that's where mine came from)

fatlatch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Sport Auto
I've got a bog standard C220 Blue Tec Sport Auto in Cavansite Blue, ordered 9th March and due in 20th June, last update a week ago said still expected on or around then. Don't know how I've managed to get this far, counting the days doesn't begin to describe the wait.
Ordered via a broker and will be delivered to MB Nottingham, so desperately hoping delivery is on time. Still not seen W204 in this colour on the road.

Last edited:

dragon007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250Estate(S205)
I'm led to believe that the D2-D3 jerky shifting is on the C200 petrol only (as I have). I didn't go diesel as I found them too noisy and unrefined, however I hear they shift gears just fine. My biggest question to you is do you hear wind noise at motorway speeds (or a smidgen above)? Especially in cross winds. Mine, while not cocophanous, is certainly very noticeable if the HiFi isn't on.

Just got mine yesterday (250 AMG, same inside as yours). I noticed some wind noise at 90mph, above my right ear. Nothing noticeable at 70mph.
My only recent comparison was my Girlfriend's SLK 350 (which she just sold), which was very noisy at those speeds, so much so that it was hard to hold a conversation. So this car is positively a reading library in comparison.

Comfort mode is exactly that - comfort. Rides over London potholes far smoother than the SLK. Sport mode is much more responsive on throttle. Haven't tried sport+ yet (and probably won't anytime soon, given I never drive in the week)

Maniac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Coupe
Good to know, thanks. I car hear the fluttering noise at 50+ in bad cross winds and 80+ in normal wind. 70+ on a breezy day.

It's not noisy per se, it's noticeable and distracting though.

I suspect the issue is because the rest of the car is super quiet.

I'm still having the dealer look at it though as my other cars are void of wind noise at those speeds, not that you should compare but given the s205 is twice as expensive as the others I feel pressing the matter is deserved.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom