bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Thank you for your reply and advice. The damage apparently was to the wires in the boot and the exclusions in the extended warranty states that it doesn't cover Wires and Wiring Looms. What caused the damage I do not know as it wasn't explained, but I will endeavour to get this in writing from them. Fundamentally a car of this type, cost and relatively young age should not fail like this.
ive owned several Italian cars that were 15 years old or more and none of their wiring ever failed and that's saying something pal

OP
Dan Tanna

Dan Tanna

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 C Class Coupe 2016
ive owned several Italian cars that were 15 years old or more and none of their wiring ever failed and that's saying something pal
Exactly. This should never have happened on a 4-year-old car but I'm most disappointed in the dealership's response.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
That's not rodents - they would chew. That's a pinched loom, sharp cuts and all across the loom in the same place.
Well worth checking on what might be pinching the loom. Has pressure pushed it onto the metal edges in the photos?
As said, it is an easy diy fix - but might need extra protection if it's in a 'pinch spot'.

Unless you're the type who has time and energy on his hands for a prolonged Dealer fight, I would say a choice goodbye to MB Dealer, and make it clear that your next car will be bought elsewhere.

The name of the Dealer would help others on here to avoid.

OP
Dan Tanna

Dan Tanna

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 C Class Coupe 2016
That's not rodents - they would chew. That's a pinched loom, sharp cuts and all across the loom in the same place.
Well worth checking on what might be pinching the loom. Has pressure pushed it onto the metal edges in the photos?
As said, it is an easy diy fix - but might need extra protection if it's in a 'pinch spot'.

Unless you're the type who has time and energy on his hands for a prolonged Dealer fight, I would say a choice goodbye to MB Dealer, and make it clear that your next car will be bought elsewhere.

The name of the Dealer would help others on here to avoid.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I have emailed the MB dealership and the head of their service department - if I do not receive a positive response and outcome to this I will ensure that the MB Owners Forum are made fully aware of where this is. For the moment however I do not want to jeopardise my position.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Sometimes scotchlocks near cut thru wiring .I think someone had something connected there and after removing some wires broke.hard to explain another way .

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Sometimes scotchlocks near cut thru wiring .I think someone had something connected there and after removing some wires broke.hard to explain another way .

Some of those wires do look like someone has used them as a power feed for something else :confused:

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Would there have been anything heavy moving moving around in the boot that would have trapped the wires against the sharp edges of the body. Judging by the number of broken wires there must be more than one circuit affected.
That said £50 will sort it out and solve the problem for good.

OP
Dan Tanna

Dan Tanna

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 C Class Coupe 2016
Would there have been anything heavy moving moving around in the boot that would have trapped the wires against the sharp edges of the body. Judging by the number of broken wires there must be more than one circuit affected.
That said £50 will sort it out and solve the problem for good.
No nothing. It's had a good life for 4 years - low mileage, taken good care of.

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
No nothing. It's had a good life for 4 years - low mileage, taken good care of.
Looking closely (as far as my eyes allow) at the photos one side seems to have be bent back on itself at some stage and the breaks in the wires seem quite clean, which to me would seem to involve some human intervention at some time.
The MB dealer didn't explain how they managed to open the boot?

OP
Dan Tanna

Dan Tanna

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 C Class Coupe 2016
Looking closely (as far as my eyes allow) at the photos one side seems to have be bent back on itself at some stage and the breaks in the wires seem quite clean, which to me would seem to involve some human intervention at some time.
The MB dealer didn't explain how they managed to open the boot?
Not exactly. They said one of their guys squeezed through the central arm rest into the boot to release the rear seats but didn't then explain how they opened the boot.
Someone said that you can release the boot with the metal key within the key fob but the car is still at the dealership so I don't know if this is possible on my car and you might have thought they'd have known this if it is true?

OP
Dan Tanna

Dan Tanna

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 C Class Coupe 2016
Some of those wires do look like someone has used them as a power feed for something else :confused:
It's all very odd considering I had the car from new. MB Dealership know this isn't right either, they said so, but they won't do anything about it other than quote me ridiculous prices for bodging it up

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Real strange that some wires seem thru insulation all way around ...you had car new,from showroom or factory order/build?

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Did have a towbar or something fitted in a previous life...definitely looks like something has been spliced in...or maybe it was a test loom in the factory and got fitted by mistake...either way they should pay for a repair...as others have said....bit of solder and shrink wrap....write to the CEO of Mercedes...someone on here has the details of his address

OP
Dan Tanna

Dan Tanna

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 C Class Coupe 2016
Real strange that some wires seem thru insulation all way around ...you had car new,from showroom or factory order/build?
Factory Order

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Be sure no after market bar fitted no chance of claim unless benz fitted,removed,which I doubt.try to find out ,test wires not cut thru to see if they go side ,stop or ind lights.if so that will provide prob answer, if not chase benz ,either way , thats customer service designed to rob you for a 30 min repair job.

OP
Dan Tanna

Dan Tanna

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 C Class Coupe 2016
Be sure no after market bar fitted no chance of claim unless benz fitted,removed,which I doubt.try to find out ,test wires not cut thru to see if they go side ,stop or ind lights.if so that will provide prob answer, if not chase benz ,either way , thats customer service designed to rob you for a 30 min repair job.
Thank you for your advice.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom