450 and 350 engines

rapide

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 E230 (no rust) 2016 volvo xc60 r/design. se. lux. nav.
350 swap

Hi I take it the cars are about 1970 to early 80s ,W107, sports model, the axle ratio may be different but i doubt you would notice! around those years we would do these sort of swaps regularly just to keep on the road! put anything in that fitted! so i would stuff it in and away you go! everything should swap over, keep all the ancillaries starter / alternator etc for spares, all the best Rap

Last edited:

MechPhil

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'87 260E
Yep, I agree. If you're getting the 350 motor from a donor car, switch over all the goodies on the l/h mudguard (ignition control module etc.) If not, simpy stick in the motor, do up all the connections, and it should be A for away.

The diff ratios do differ, but it will not make the car "undriveable".

I bought a 450 M117 a few years ago to fix a W116 350SE, but the car got vandalised and plundered before we could start on it, so now the engine is just standing around in the workshop, and I plan to fit it to a W123 some time... As such I've had a look at all the things I'd need to change, and it seems these motors have most of the control parts on the enfine itself. So, they basically need some electrical connections and high pressure fuel supply to run.

Good luck!
Phil

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom