5 Beeps when I take the key out of ignition switch?

car2tref

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 AMG in Black;all these gone-Ford Focus 1.8tdi,Mitsi Evo5,SkylineGTR33 670BHP@wheels,BMW M5
Whenever I take the key out of the ignition after turning the engine off, I get a beeping sound- it always seems to be for five beeps, inside front of car, anyone know whether this is a diagnostic beep or do they all do this? This is on the C43 1998. My old 300e AMG never did this?!?!?!?!:!:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Whenever I take the key out of the ignition after turning the engine off, I get a beeping sound- it always seems to be for five beeps, inside front of car, anyone know whether this is a diagnostic beep or do they all do this? This is on the C43 1998. My old 300e AMG never did this?!?!?!?!:!:

Sounds like it is trying to remind you of something.

Have you left the front on a radio which can be removed for security, or left a telephone in a cradle? Leaving lights on gives a continuous noise but short intermittent like that is trying to tell you something.

OP
C

car2tref

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 AMG in Black;all these gone-Ford Focus 1.8tdi,Mitsi Evo5,SkylineGTR33 670BHP@wheels,BMW M5

Have you left the front on a radio which can be removed for security, or left a telephone in a cradle? Leaving lights on gives a continuous noise but short intermittent like that is trying to tell you something.
Checked everything and nothing seems to be left on- did this last night too and the three times I've used it today- very strange!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There is a simple answer to it but I have forgotten what it is :confused:, it is telling you something

OP
C

car2tref

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is a simple answer to it but I have forgotten what it is :confused:, it is telling you something
Thanks Malcolm I will await your deliberations- not urgent anyway, It has'nt shot me out the roof or anything yet! (God help anyone I land on :rolleyes::lol:)

lulu

Reaction score
In my A-class, it's because I haven't taken the face off the radio.

OP
C

car2tref

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In my A-class, it's because I haven't taken the face off the radio.
What- 5 beeps?
I dont have an original radio- I have a Pioneer!!!

OP
C

car2tref

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wow- I'll give it a try- thanks.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
mine also does it if Sony face left on.

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Have you had any messages on your instrument cluster eg. washer level low or is the centre box not closed properly?

Last edited:

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated
I get five beeps also.
Not sure if it was becuase Motorola phone switched on or Radio face on, but on taking off radio face (pioneer) - no five beeps.

Need to check this phone as battery discharge problem recently. Never used it but think it may have been on or automatically comes on with starting car. Not too knowledgeable about Car phones

shayes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as stated

Need a little info please;
Motorola 2700 surely it can be left in the cradle? Can this sort of phone be accidentally left on and drain the battery or is it operated strictly from the ignition switch?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cant answer directly, but the drain from any phone is tiny, as can be measured from the phone when in the standby mode, phones have tiny batteries that last for up to 100 hours or more

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Need a little info please;
Motorola 2700 surely it can be left in the cradle? Can this sort of phone be accidentally left on and drain the battery or is it operated strictly from the ignition switch?

It's fine to leave the phone in the cradle Stuart. The car is beeping to remind you that it is there, just in case (perish the thought) you might have forgotten. Phone in cradle will also cause the aerial to rise, if you have an electric aerial, when the ignition is switched on.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's fine to leave the phone in the cradle Stuart. The car is beeping to remind you that it is there, just in case (perish the thought) you might have forgotten. Phone in cradle will also cause the aerial to rise, if you have an electric aerial, when the ignition is switched on.

The phone antenna is nothing to do with the radio extending antenna

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom