500sl. w129 hood problem. HELP!!!!PLEASE!!

tiggins

Reaction score
right here goes. with the soft top up. this is exectly what is happening. i pull the button back. click, click the rear section of the hood unlocks and lifts into its proper position. then click, click the hideaway area unclips, lifts only slightly and stops. then nothing happens, i releise the button and try again but nothing. you can here a motor or something trying to work whilst the button is pulled back but no movement until!!
i releise the button and physicaly lift open the hideaway lid which it lifts quiet easy. but when i pull the button again i need to physicaly push the hideaway lid to keep it up otherwise it tries to close again, but whilst i am doing this the front section unclips and pulls all the way back into the hideaway. i then let go of the lid and it closes and locks.

THAT IS TO OPEN THE HOOD.

NOW TO CLOSE THE HOOD BACK UP

push the operating button forward click click and the hideaway lid unlocks, but then nothing, again i have to relise the operating button, physicaly lift the hideaway lid up, push the button again, again the hideaway lid tries to close but whilst ever i physicaly keep it forced open then the roof continues to do its thing all the way up to it being fully closed and locked into position.

however if i put the hardtop on it locks straight in with no problems at all. and releises fine as well.

personaly it seems as though it could be either a program fault and need resetting. or maybe some sort of a sensor fault on the hideaway lid section. i just dont know i am only guessing.

please someone can you help?? i am at my witsend with it and my wife is doing my head in as she drives it mainly and summer is shooting by.

stats007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking
Best thing to do is get a fault code readout - reasons for it not operating are the valve block that controls that circuit or the soft-top compartment 'locked' switch.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom