!

TT300

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im currently selling my Audi tt and looking to buy a clk55 amg cabriolet, w209 i believe.
I was just after some advice really. Im looking at around 2003/2004 cars do they still rust badly? My otherhalf recently had a 2001 slk320 and both front and rear arches were knackered! I was shocked to say the least!

My Audi is currently running 300bhp and i've had a fair few quick cars will i be happy with the 55's performance? Im not after a track car as i have my race car for that but on normal road conditions i trust the 55 is a "quick car"?

I've not had the chance to drive one yet but i've always lusted after an AMG and the clk fits the bill perfectly. Am i right in thinking 20k will get me a half decent one?

Do they all come with satnav bluetooth etc? I would be after a top spec one with all the toys as im a big kid!

Thanks in advance
Sam

Sorry about the title i ment to type hello!

Last edited:

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Hi all,

Im currently selling my Audi tt and looking to buy a clk55 amg cabriolet, w209 i believe.
I was just after some advice really. Im looking at around 2003/2004 cars do they still rust badly? My otherhalf recently had a 2001 slk320 and both front and rear arches were knackered! I was shocked to say the least!

My Audi is currently running 300bhp and i've had a fair few quick cars will i be happy with the 55's performance? Im not after a track car as i have my race car for that but on normal road conditions i trust the 55 is a "quick car"?

I've not had the chance to drive one yet but i've always lusted after an AMG and the clk fits the bill perfectly. Am i right in thinking 20k will get me a half decent one?

Do they all come with satnav bluetooth etc? I would be after a top spec one with all the toys as im a big kid!

Thanks in advance
Sam

Sorry about the title i ment to type hello!

Welcome to the forum Sam,

if you buy 2004 onward... all cars have galvanised body so shouldnt have rust issues.... CLK55 is a very very serious car and very quick out of box.

I am tempted to buy one myself but the running cost are holding me back.

Satnav and bluetooth are extras on all cars of that age, you should find that most AMG's have satnav already and you can add bluetooth module yourself if not already there for next to nothing.

20K should buy you a very tidy low mileage one

If you buy one with low mileage and good history, you shouldnt have to worry too much about anything.

Last edited:
OP
T

TT300

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply, thats pretty much the answer i was looking for. I think i really need to have a drive of one now as i have never driven a "performance auto" before. I've got an auto jeep but thats a bit different lol

I think their stunning cars and such alot of value for money now. Just need to get rid of the Audi now!

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
TT is good car but doesnt come close to CLK55, I find TT has box like windows. Auto box in mercs is like none other, Its very very responsive and always puts a smile on your face.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome TT you will get a very good one for that price,,and they do shift,,very quick

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Once you've tried one you'll buy one. They're awesome! :cool:

OP
T

TT300

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys, I've found one at Mercedes in Redhill that im going to try and look at this weekend. Its a bit out of my price range but i guess thats to be expected when buying from merc!

Here's a pic of my TT, she will be missed but its just not practical anymore! Still runs low 13 second quarters :cool:

1265223-1.jpg

Sam :)

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Audi build quality isn't what it used to be, is it? Having to hold the bonnet open with what looks like a piece of wood.... :lol:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hi all,

I'm currently selling my Audi tt and looking to buy a clk55 AMG cabriolet, w209 i believe.
I was just after some advice really. I'm looking at around 2003/2004 cars do they still rust badly? My otherhalf recently had a 2001 slk320 and both front and rear arches were knackered! I was shocked to say the least!

My Audi is currently running 300bhp and I've had a fair few quick cars will i be happy with the 55's performance? I'm not after a track car as i have my race car for that but on normal road conditions i trust the 55 is a "quick car"?

I've not had the chance to drive one yet but I've always lusted after an AMG and the clk fits the bill perfectly. Am i right in thinking 20k will get me a half decent one?

Do they all come with satnav bluetooth etc? I would be after a top spec one with all the toys as I'm a big kid!

Thanks in advance
Sam

Sorry about the title i meant to type hello!

Hi TT.

I looked at this one last week. It is immaculate and rust free with FSH.

The vendor is on holiday this week so it is unlikely to disappear too fast.

As a cabriolet, there is limited "scuttle shake", although more than my SL. Satnav is older generation, but has TV, although probably "pre-blue tooth".

The only thing that put me off was the boot size, which is a bit limited for a car I want want to use for 2 up touring - but that is a feature of the model, not just this car and is a matter of personal choice.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...ry=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200938341765910

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Thanks for the welcome guys, I've found one at Mercedes in Redhill that im going to try and look at this weekend. Its a bit out of my price range but i guess thats to be expected when buying from merc!

Here's a pic of my TT, she will be missed but its just not practical anymore! Still runs low 13 second quarters :cool:

1265223-1.jpg

Very tidy example Sam, Why you selling her? she looks lovely?

OP
T

TT300

Reaction score
Audi build quality isn't what it used to be, is it? Having to hold the bonnet open with what looks like a piece of wood.... :lol:

Lol I do actually have to do that with my Jeep, well with a golf club!

OP
T

TT300

Reaction score
Hi TT.

I looked at this one last week. It is immaculate and rust free with FSH.

The vendor is on holiday this week so it is unlikely to disappear too fast.

As a cabriolet, there is limited "scuttle shake", although more than my SL. Satnav is older generation, but has TV, although probably "pre-blue tooth".

The only thing that put me off was the boot size, which is a bit limited for a car I want want to use for 2 up touring - but that is a feature of the model, not just this car and is a matter of personal choice.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...ry=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200938341765910

Hi there,

Thanks for the heads up, I did spot it but i have really got my heart set on a black face lift model. Its a stunning car but i know i would regret not holding out for the exact car.

Thanks
Sam

OP
T

TT300

Reaction score
Very tidy example Sam, Why you selling her? she looks lovely?

Thanks very much! To be honest i have no other reason than i need to cut down on the amount of cars i have. Im a bit of a car freak tbh! I've owned 60 cars in my 4 years of driving.
The audi is the longest i've ever kept car which is coming up to 3 years. Currently i have the TT a Jeep grand cherokee (with the merc engine i may add :p ) a 205 gti race car and a mk1 golf. The plan is to get an all rounder that i can use everyday which the 55 fits the bill perfectly.
The Audi only comes out on the rare nice day which i think is just such a waste.

I'm in no rush to get rid of it and i can say its prob the rarest currently for sale, its the Sline model of which only 200 were produced.

Thanks again
Sam

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
MK1 golf, Is it a GTI? 1.6 or newer 1.8? Oh and 205 GTI

Both of my favorite cars. I have had a MK2 GTI 16V before my merc and I wish I wish I had the space to keep it but it had to go....

You are lucky that you can hold on to such rare gems

If the TT is anything to go by, I am sure Golf and Pug are kept nice too, Post some pictures of those!!!

OP
T

TT300

Reaction score
lol i've only got old ones of the golf, Its a 1.8 gti Rivage though its now running a 2.1 on twin 45 webers.
01.jpg

The 205 is a road legal race car fairly standard engine but on cut slicks carbon fibre sparco buckets, Gaz coilovers etc etc
LLP_86631.jpg

I've got some new pics of the 205 from brands hatch this week i'll upload later.

.. and heres one of my Jeep!

DSCF3347.jpg

It uses the mercedes 2.7 crd engine and has been remapped, it flys for the size of the thing!

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Very Very nice cars.... Did u win a lottery to have so many cars under your belt? LOL

CLK 55 AMG will top all of these though

OP
T

TT300

Reaction score
Lol no i just save most pennys i earn and waste them on cars!
The mk1 is currently off the road though as im thinking of putting a TT engine in it. The jeep is the everyday car, the TT comes out at weekends and the 205 is just used for racing.
I do want to cut down though hence the AMG, I went to have a look at the one at Redhill and its already sold :( The quest continues...

One last question can carbon interior bits be bought for the w209 like the newage AMG's? We stopped by MB world in Brooklands on the way back and i could'nt resist going straight to the expensive floor. It was the cl63 that made my day, all that carbon :twisted:

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
It is very hard to find bits from higher end cars to fit ours but I am sure they are out there somewhere. What carbon bits are you after? W209 CLK55 is already very saught after car and has all lil gadets/mods you can think of as whoever buys a brand new CLK55 would be spending over 50K and wouldnt make too much difference if added a few gadets such as COMMAND etc. As standard they are very well equiped anyway so you will enjoy it I am sure. With regards to the Auto Box, the new 7g gearbox is very very responsive. Especially with the ESP switched off and S mode.

Good luck, If I come accross anything decent, I shall send you a PM

Top Bottom