5th Gear looking for a 190E 2,5 Cosworth

5th Gear

Reaction score
The TV-series 5th Gear on Channel Five is looking for a Mercedes 190E 2,5 Cosworth for filming next Tuesday, June 2nd.

The filming will be at Millbrook, http://www.millbrook.co.uk/.

What we’re going to do is that we want to drive the car hard for a couple of laps at the track to show what it’s good for. If the tires are worn down we will replace them, and of course we will repair any mechanical failures as well, if it should occurs. However, we’ve done this many times before, and never damaged anything yet, and we’re only going to do a couple of laps of hard driving, in addition to calmer laps to get all the pictures we need, so we need the car available for filming the whole day.

Except from covering potential expenses, we cannot offer the owner anything else, besides getting the car shown on television.

Are there anyone who has a car they are willing to lend us?
Please contact me as soon as possible at erik.hellum(a)northonetv.com.

Thanks

Erik Hellum
Researcher
5th Gear

OP

5th Gear

Reaction score
Thanks Derek,
it certainly helped a lot. We noe got this car sorted out.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Nice to see that Erik from 5th Gear is more polite than the guy from Practical Performance Car magazine who never answered emails when he asked for a car to photograph...

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
He answered my e-mails, though my free yearly magazine subscription did,nt materialise!

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
wonder if a ride with VBH was on offer :cool:

Top Bottom