'95 E300 A/C blows Hot & Cold at same time.

my95benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 Benz E300 Diesel
To be brief, the door-side vents blow HOT air; the two center vents blow COLD air and the under-the-seat vents blow HOT air. This is pretty much regardless of which buttons are pressed.

After a couple of minutes, the two center vents get a little flakier: they blow HOT air towards the front seats and COLD air towards the center.

The mechanic, who hasn't seen the car yet, sounds really stumped. This is our third Benz diesel and we both love the car.

If I can add something else: the Defroster blows so hard and hot that we can't use it for more than a minute or two while driving - we can't breathe.

Probably not related.

thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The air arrangement and the way that it blows is correct,,you can turn the said vents down or off to get the temp comfortable between them all,,I trust that the filters are clean and the fan runs on all 4 speeds

OP
M

my95benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 Benz E300 Diesel
Hot and cold at the same time out of the same vent is correct? I am still learning about these machines. But we love it!

All of the fan buttons (empty or filled triangles) work fine, as do the three vertical buttons (solid fan, Auto, outlined fan). I guess we'll play with the Temp wheel some more. And I'll look for the filters.

But I find it curious that the Benz mechanic was confused. And I trust him more than the local MB dealership, which has tried to fleece me twice (neither succeeded).

Thanks for the help and direction.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The two center top vents always blow cold no matter where the controls are set to,,the foot outlets will be either hot or cold depending on the heater settings

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom