95' S-600, Start Problem. Please help.

Hiron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
95' S-500
I have bought a 95 S-600. I drove it home fine. after that I drove it around the block, and never had any problem. But for the last 2-3 months I am having starting issuee. It starts up fine, but after driving for 2-3 min(or even sometimes less than that) it just stops. And then you won't be able to start it again(it cranks but won't start). If you wait for 1-2 hrs, then it will start just normal. Please help me out. Thank you.

Note: I am new to the forum.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum.

You will need to replace the CPS as that will be the most likely thing that has failed. Do you have a good indie near you, or will you change it yourself

OP
H

Hiron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
95' S-500
Thanks! Malcolm,

I usually work on most of my cars by myself, but I am not a mechanic or anything. I have never worked on MB before until now, but I am planning to fix the car by myself, unless there is something that has to be done by a mechanic/dealer. If I can get some help/instruction, I think I will be able to do it. I can not afford to go to the dealer. Thank you.

Hiron

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The only other possibility is the fuel pump relay,,turn the ignition on when it will not start, and see if you can hear the fuel pumps prime for a few seconds, if they do not the the relay could be faulty

OP
H

Hiron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
95' S-500
I will work on these, and keep you posted. Thank you.

OP
H

Hiron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
95' S-500
One more thing I should bring to your attention. I have noticed that the engine stops when I am about to come to a stop or when I am taking off from a full stop. So it does not give me any problem in high speed or even in average speed.

I think there are two CPS in my car. I assume that you have suggested changing both CPS.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good point there, and one at fault could do this,,do try the check in hot water to see it Ttey go open circuit

OP
H

Hiron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
95' S-500
Hi Malcolm, I have changed the CPS, and after that it stopped once and gave me the same problem. I did the same thing, waited for like an hour and then started it again. Since then its driving fine. I hope that it fixed the problem. Thank you for everything.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom