99 W202 C240 Won't start

furto

Reaction score
Website
www.furtzdesigns.com
Well when i opened the relay up it was in perfect condition except for where the contact was made, it had sort of a black film accross it. If you pull out the relay, open it up and scrape the black film off where the contact is made so its shiny again, it should start every time! :D

Top Cat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(97) W202 C230 Elegance Estate
In another car I used to own, I had a similar problem with the heated rear window relay, it was very intermittent. What I did was to clean the contacts as you have, but also put a slight kink in the tabs (by just bending them by a few degrees gently by hand) so that they were a bit tighter to insert back into the holder and therefore gave a bit more of a positive surface contact inside. It certainly worked for me.

furto

Reaction score
Website
www.furtzdesigns.com
Yeah my dad actually did the same thing when I showed him, he said it didnt feel like there was enough pressure on the contact so he bent it in. You know the most ridiculous part of all this is that I have taken it to Mercedes and the plugged it into the computers and checked everything and the best they could come up with was to sell me a new key! lol

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom