A class (2019) 7-inch digital instrument display

Dave1971

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class (2019)
Hi,

Is it possible to configure the 7-inch digital dashboard to display a rev counter and engine temperature gauge please?

Photos in the brochure show only a speedometer and fuel gauge (with additional instruments limited to the optional 10.5 inch display panel).

Many thanks

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
What does your manual say about this?

OP
D

Dave1971

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class (2019)
Unfortunately I don't have a manual because I don't own the vehicle. I'm doing my research before purchase.

It would be a pity to spend around £25K and then (perhaps) discover that basic instruments are missing.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You can access the manuals on the MB website.

OP
D

Dave1971

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class (2019)
I did have a browse of these, but was unable to find the manual for the latest model.

I also looked at the online "How to" video clips, but the dashboard configuration example was based on the optional 10.5 inch screen.

Possibly I wasn't looking in the right place, so if you can post a link that will be great :)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I can't get the brochure or manuals to download from the Mercedes site but the "Mercedes Guides" app (available on iOS or Android) does have listing for A Class from 8/2018 which may help.

The MBUX system in the A Class is quite new so not many on here will have any experience of it. Based on previous Mercedes' systems, I would guess that the 7-inch screen has only the basic system and you need the 10.5-inch for all the best features. That said, from what I can see on their website, it looks to me as though the A Class now only has the 10.5 screen?

Your best bet is to visit a dealer and get them to show you the system (or have a proper test drive). Bear in mind that a sales person will tell you just what you want to hear and then deny having said it once they have their hands on your money so make sure someone actually shows you what the system can and can't do.

OP
D

Dave1971

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class (2019)
Many thanks for your advice Steve.

From the "Mercedes Guides" app it appears that a rev counter can be selected, and outside temperature can be toggled with engine coolant temperature. However, with changing specifications and so many version permutations, I appreciate your point that the most conclusive way is for any prospective customer to visit a dealer and request a demonstration.

Regarding which screen sizes the A Class is now supplied with, the standard is 2 x 7-inch screens (one for the dashboard and one for navigation/ media). Upgrading one or both to 10.5 inches is an optional extra, unfortunately bundled with several other unrelated items at significant cost.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom