A Class COMAND Sat Nav System

cassie41

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A Class
I am just buying a mercedes A class from a dealer, and just wanted to check whether i need the actual disk with the Comand system. What does the actual original disk do or what is it for. Is there any disadvantages if they are unable to supply it.

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
I have Comand and the disk needs to be in the system as it contains the map data. I am not sure on newer models. They should be able to supply the disk but are easily available. However I would suggest the dealer includes the disk in the price of the car. Also, without the disk you cannot be sure if everything is working fine with Comand .

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I have Comand and the disk needs to be in the system as it contains the map data. I am not sure on newer models. They should be able to supply the disk but are easily available. However I would suggest the dealer includes the disk in the price of the car. Also, without the disk you cannot be sure if everything is working fine with Comand .

Not strictly true.

The disk only needs to be in the system when calculating the route. Once calculated the disk can be removed although you will only get turn by turn instructions and not map display.

Comand can be tested without the navigation disk being present.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Not strictly true.

The disk only needs to be in the system when calculating the route. Once calculated the disk can be removed although you will only get turn by turn instructions and not map display.

Comand can be tested without the navigation disk being present.

Thank's boss, you ever done one ? I may put one in and keep the car, or if anyone is interested it's on e-bay, item no 25042623995.

or would consider swap for late Toyota Amazon, or Range rover diesel sport

OP
C

cassie41

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A Class
Thanks Guys.
Just got my car today, and it has the disk in it luckily

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom